Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll like it. you need to get it set up properly, the instruction manual or youtube is great for that. Play with it outside nearby a bit, then on it's first real test drive I would one of the preset programs like Deus Fast. I use the tracking balance. It will rear in iron like your AT never could.

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you hit all the spots you thought you picked clean with the Pro and let us know how you do. Be safe and happy hunting after the learning curve settles down.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your new arm extension, a wise choice you made (a tad bias on my part).
I found the Deus fast is a great setting and that's all you need for the time being.

The British fellow on Youtube that has the instructional videos is pretty good.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol the direction booklet scares me a little but I remember being afraid of pro mode using it on zero mode on AT Pro but once I used it learned it like nothing. So maybe just anxiety getting to me. I'm sure I'll figure it out

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Deus and the Garret.....its great to have a back up Never know when its needed.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have patience. There's a lot of info. in the audio but it takes a while to understand it well.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have patience. There's a lot of info. in the audio but it takes a while to understand it well.
I'm going to practice at my neighbors the house has been around since the 1800s and was a farm back then. I've hit it to death with my AT Pro over the years but still always find stuff so probably still a good area to practice with the new machine.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you will be amazed at what the Deus will find.
Try the Deus Fast program, I would lower the frequency to 11.7.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you will be amazed at what the Deus will find.
Try the Deus Fast program, I would lower the frequency to 11.7.
Thanks for the info. I look at my AT Pro and then this and I've thought to myself how can this thing be so tiny and not have much too it and be more powerful then the AT Pro lol I'm greatly confused by that aspect.

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on owning a fine piece of technology JVA5th. Now go get some!

Did it come with an X35 or HF coil?

I use both but the HF stays on my Deus 95% of logged hunts.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on owning a fine piece of technology JVA5th. Now go get some!

Did it come with an X35 or HF coil?

I use both but the HF stays on my Deus 95% of logged hunts.
Mine unfortunately came with the x35 but once I have funds I'll upgrade it for now I'll learn with this one

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that didn't go well. First run I dug a piece of tin tiny piece of tin roof and a nail. I'm over my head right now got frustrated with all the chatter and no matter where I move the coil across the ground there are signals got frustrated and quit. Not looking good for me

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to give it more than hour of swing time to learn a detector so different than your AT Pro in terms of audio and responsiveness. Have some patience. Why don't you try laying out some known targets to get used to how it responds. If you are having issues then tell us what program/ settings you are using including the operating frequency.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to give it more than hour of swing time to learn a detector so different than your AT Pro in terms of audio and responsiveness. Have some patience. Why don't you try laying out some known targets to get used to how it responds. If you are having issues then tell us what program/ settings you are using including the operating frequency.
I just get flustered easy, I was a bit overwhelmed I guess. Everything was low on charge so went to give it a charge so I could take a step back and think it over lol. Some areas here have a ton of iron contamination and the ground is sand that is highly mineralized comes up about 86 when I ground balance. I probably just live in a difficult area to learn this one but I'll figure it out eventually after on my part much frustration I'm sure because I'm not the quickest learner unfortunately.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out and just used it on basic mode. Didn't find much beside a brass sprinker arm, 2 shotgun headstamps also neither deep, a top of a can about 4 inches down, and some tin roofing way down. So far not very impressed by I guess basic modes aren't ever really all that wonderful

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule #1 - the stuff has to be there to begin with.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule #1 - the stuff has to be there to begin with.
I know I've hunted here to death. I'm easily frustrated with new stuff I'll get over it. I've been watching YouTube videos and what not trying to figure it out. Just worried I'm not intelligent enough to figure out the finer points of this detector. I don't do so well taking in so much info. Right now I'd do better with the AT Pro I'd miss everything with the Dues. Mind you that's in my current understanding of my new machine which is at a pathetic almost non-existing understanding at this moment

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out and just used it on basic mode. Didn't find much beside a brass sprinker arm, 2 shotgun headstamps also neither deep, a top of a can about 4 inches down, and some tin roofing way down.

I know I've hunted here to death.

Ok I read both posts of what you stated and there you go you found something you didn't find before.
If you got 3 non-ferrous targets in an area that you have hunted to death=well it's doing what the AT Pro didn't do.

Turning to a different machine totally is a challenge the sounds and the numbers. But listen to the sounds that's what will make it a wonderful machine in short order.
Numbers lie-period. Sounds will give you more details overall.

I switched from using Minelabs to a Deus-and now back to a Etrac while the Deus is in for repair.
Now from not using a machine for 4 yrs it's a learning curve but it's coming back quickly. But it's no match from what the Deus can do in the iron.
For every hour you get on the machine it will be easier.

I remember when I bought a Explorer SE, played with it for a week inside listening to sounds.
Went down to the beach, went onto the lawns between the parking lots on the south end of Anna Marie Island Fl.

Well it was crazy crazy! Sounds were coming through the headphones every inch I moved the coil.
I seriously thought there was something taped to the bottom of the coil.
I was overwhelmed totally, I was thinking the maybe the machine was screwed up some how.
I finally walked out onto the beach and all things went quiet.
It was beautiful silence to my ears-then my first high tone-a coin...

Basically the moral of that story is get out of the iron patch-go to the little quieter edge-get use to the random targets.
It is over whelming to listening to morris code beeping when trying to figure it out.
You'll be ok

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’ve used the AT pro exclusively for the last ten years and just last spring got the XP Orx. It doesn’t have the many options the Deus has but I’ve heard it’s just as fast and just as deep and so far the spots I’ve hunted with the Pro, I’m finding deeper coins and pull tabs that the Pro went right over without a peep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread