New dirt fisher here

RShackleford

Greenie
Aug 6, 2022
ETA: I live in the ouachitas in Arkansas in case the geography might help explain
image.jpg
New to metal detecting, so far I am having a blast. I have a Garrett Ace 400. So far a lot of pull tabs, cans, and spent shell casings. I have also found some pennies, and a cool key. None of which are old, but still an adrenaline rush when you dig and find something.
With that being said I am learning to use this and I keep getting hits in the high 90s in a large area in my back yard. When I dig all I find are large rocks that the Garrett pin pointer detects as metal as well. Any idea what I’m finding? Or how to not dig rocks? I have the iron sound on and I am getting clean high 90s beeps. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet. Save all your finds you do not KNOW what they are. In a safe p[lace . In a year go back through them and see if you can identify any. Do this for 2 or 3 more years. you WILL FIND TREASURES I ASSURE YOU !!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ETA: I live in the ouachitas in Arkansas in case the geography might help explain View attachment 2040368 New to metal detecting, so far I am having a blast. I have a Garrett Ace 400. So far a lot of pull tabs, cans, and spent shell casings. I have also found some pennies, and a cool key. None of which are old, but still an adrenaline rush when you dig and find something.
With that being said I am learning to use this and I keep getting hits in the high 90s in a large area in my back yard. When I dig all I find are large rocks that the Garrett pin pointer detects as metal as well. Any idea what I’m finding? Or how to not dig rocks? I have the iron sound on and I am getting clean high 90s beeps. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.
Welcome to Tnet!!!

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ETA: I live in the ouachitas in Arkansas in case the geography might help explain View attachment 2040368 New to metal detecting, so far I am having a blast. I have a Garrett Ace 400. So far a lot of pull tabs, cans, and spent shell casings. I have also found some pennies, and a cool key. None of which are old, but still an adrenaline rush when you dig and find something.
It might be what they refer to as "Hot Rocks" in my area they are in the high 90's on my whites machines, usually +94 to +95 on VDI scale.

OP
OP
R

RShackleford

Greenie
Aug 6, 2022
It might be what they refer to as "Hot Rocks" in my area they are in the high 90's on my whites machines, usually +94 to +95 on VDI scale.
Definitely hot rocks. Been doing some reading. Busted one open and it was white in side. So guessing lead. Now gotta figure out how not to dig em, and those pesky cans that show in the 80’s every time. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread