** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL....wouldn't be the first time.
Jim

S

stefen

Time to bail and wait for another MD Unit to come along. :BangHead:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear what your saying but, how much were you expecting to win it for? $400 or something? It's at $600 w/shipping. It was a $900 machine when new. Any good detector will hold much of it's value if it hasn't been abused. Here is another one getting bids and it's only been listed for a couple days- Garrett GTI 2500 Handheld Metal Detector Minelab White Fisher w Two Coils | eBay

This. I was very confused as to what the OP was complaining about. An outdated but still desirable detector on ebay was getting active bids. What exactly is the problem?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This. I was very confused as to what the OP was complaining about. An outdated but still desirable detector on ebay was getting active bids. What exactly is the problem? ....
You see you must only sell on eBay i buy and sell on ebay and i except active bidders to be there ......... BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE CRAZY BIDDERS .. SOME TIMES I think the sellers have one or two of there friends bidding on there items when it gets CRAZY ...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear what your saying but, how much were you expecting to win it for? $400 or something? It's at $600 w/shipping. It was a $900 machine when new. Any good detector will hold much of it's value if it hasn't been abused. Here is another one getting bids and it's only been listed for a couple days- Garrett GTI 2500 Handheld Metal Detector Minelab White Fisher w Two Coils | eBay
diggummup ... That is a 2500 i was looking at a 2000 hoping to get a decent buy on it not steal it but not overpay either .. It just went crazy so i quit bidding .. Thanks any how diggummup

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I want crazy new bidders like that for the stuff I'm selling...! For sellers, there are never enough of them! But they do suck as competition. Well, anybody bidding against me sucks really.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup ... That is a 2500 i was looking at a 2000 hoping to get a decent buy on it not steal it but not overpay either .. It just went crazy so i quit bidding .. Thanks any how diggummup
My apologies. I read it wrong I guess. Looks like the last 4 2000's sold for between $316 and $399.95 with the shipping. I would imagine you were bidding on the one that got 27 bids and sold for $301 plus $15 shipping. That would still be the least expensive one that has sold in the last 2 months so, newbies or not, the bidding for this particular unit was not out of hand. It sold for less than the previous 3 machines which sold for their stated listing price, minus one which got an extra bid from another buyer. I think the harder part for you will be finding one that is listed low enough for you to bid on from the get go, if you looking to pay $300 or less that is. Looks like the market for the 2000's is still pretty strong.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You see you must only sell on eBay i buy and sell on ebay and i except active bidders to be there ......... BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE CRAZY BIDDERS .. SOME TIMES I think the sellers have one or two of there friends bidding on there items when it gets CRAZY ...

Keppy, yes some shill bidding may occur. But I think you are missing the point...

Note: I am primarily a BUYER on ebay and have my fair share of gripes as such.

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes I think a new bidder might be there to drive up the price for the seller too - bogus account? or a friend in kahoots lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread