• Goldbug1.jpg
    Goldbug1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3,252

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this is something really nice. I really like the zero motion pinpoint feature and wish I had that back again like I had on the older TR machines.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice :icon_thumright: I wonder how this would do with wet salt sand beach mineralization you find here in the Northeast and if the 19Khz will hit on chains, anyone? Bueller? :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Nice :icon_thumright: I wonder how this would do with wet salt sand beach mineralization you find here in the Northeast and if the 19Khz will hit on chains, anyone? Bueller? :dontknow:

I was wondering the same thing.....

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
Now running at 19 kHz it should hit on any type gold. Then it has that 11 inch Double DD coil that you can get for it boy sounds like a winner to me.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Why are they calling it the Gold Bug? There are already two Gold Bugs, the original and the Gold Bug II. This can be confusing, especially since they are still selling the GBII. At the least they could have called it the GBIII. It probably will it will be called The GBIII or the "new" GB.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No trouble telling it apart from the others by the looks though.....I agreem maybe GoldBug III.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Been watching this baby. Bass Pro has them as well as a lot of other dealers. I would like to see some reviews before I buy. :coffee2:

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
I like the old style better. headphone jack on the side, i do not like that. Looks out of Place.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You will never mistake it for the older gold bugs i like it's looks. .......Head phone jacks there fine it has a jack for 1/4 or 1/8 size head phones or better yet wear cordless move on with the times... ./ www.findmall.com

Attachments

• Gold-Bug-faceplate-150.jpg
    Gold-Bug-faceplate-150.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,876
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,868

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
no one is going to confuse it with the others because of the appearance, but it sure could be confusing when discusing them.

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
I can't wait for this Gold Bug 3 to come out i see that in other forums and google a lot are calling it the Gold Bug 3 now..Has any one see a site were there is a manual for the Gold Bug 3 ? I can't seem to find one to read sure would like to get a look at that manual.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked and not been able to find anything more then the advertising shown here....Be interesting to read a review.....

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
I was told that Cablea's had the New Gold Bug 3 in stock i would check one out but i live about 4 hours to the nearest Cablea's.

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Yes, it is in stock and ready for sale at Cabela's and listed at $499 per their website. I would like to get some more reviews on it also, looks like it could be a real good unit. Cabela's is about 1/2 mile from me, I might have to go check one out.

HH
DB

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
D Bound your lucky to be so close.. I saw that the new Gold Bug 3 uses the Teknetics Omega houseing...................................

Attachments

6.4 KB · Views: 3,361
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,350

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
What I fail to grasp is why the 19.5 khz frequency?
The higher the frequency, the better for hunting gold.
The GB2 runs 70khz.
Another great competitor in Gold machines runs at 50khz.
Another hits at 100khz.

Going down to only 19.5 seems counterintuitive to me.

Any ideas the logic behind that move?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Regarding the 19.5 frequency, I think the discrimination works better at the lower frequency.
Also it makes a better iron relic detector and probably better for silver and copper also. Also
the lower frequency penetrates the ground better. Of course it is not quite as sensitive to
extremely small gold, but for dual purpose it should be a better machine.
Rich

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Treasure finder said:
Regarding the 19.5 frequency, I think the discrimination works better at the lower frequency.
Also it makes a better iron relic detector and probably better for silver and copper also. Also
the lower frequency penetrates the ground better. Of course it is not quite as sensitive to
extremely small gold, but for dual purpose it should be a better machine.
Rich

Howdy Pard!
Much appreciate your answer, and it makes sense.
Thanks for your response to my question.

Adios!
M-Taliesin

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And my understanding is that at 19 kHz is better at picking up Gold Jewelry than the lower frequency..Plus i don't like hunting for pin head Gold with a detector i like a little bigger chunks...

Attachments

• Gold-Bug-faceplate.jpg
    Gold-Bug-faceplate.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 3,496
  • Gold-Bug-faceplate.jpg
    Gold-Bug-faceplate.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 3,414

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread