cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still in the engineering phase the last I heard. The Impulse AQ limited beach machine turned out to be over-hyped and kind of a flop. The discrimination claims they made from lab tests just don't live up to the reality of hunting in the REAL world. Sure, it goes deep, but, most PI machines do. It has some good designs, but, also some bad.....with several failures due to poorly engineered parts. Hopefully the full production version has all the bugs worked out, and they get the AQ gold produced also. It can't hurt us users to have more competition to keep prices down and quality up.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still in the engineering phase the last I heard. The Impulse AQ limited beach machine turned out to be over-hyped and kind of a flop. The discrimination claims they made from lab tests just don't live up to the reality of hunting in the REAL world. Sure, it goes deep, but, most PI machines do. It has some good designs, but, also some bad.....with several failures due to poorly engineered parts. Hopefully the full production version has all the bugs worked out, and they get the AQ gold produced also. It can't hurt us users to htave more competition to keep prices down and quality up.
Did you get to use the Impulse AQ? I haven't heard much about it lately. I sure hope they get it worked out soon. They get the Impulse Gold out I will consider buying one even if I have to put it on credit like my last detector. LOL

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get to use the Impulse AQ? I haven't heard much about it lately. I sure hope they get it worked out soon. They get the Impulse Gold out I will consider buying one even if I have to put it on credit like my last detector. LOL
I still have the Impulse AQ limited......and it lives up to it's name.....Limited. About the only time I use it is at a clean beach with deep targets. It's no fun to use anywhere else. There's all sorts of good gold machines out there, so, don't let a delay in getting an Impulse Gold stop you. Take a look at a Gold Monster or 24K if you can't afford a GPX6000. The Equinox 800 is not too shabby either, and there's always the good old Gold Bug 2.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound like you need one of those baby backhoes. LOL Just curious, does it pick up too much iron?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, most everything sounds good. Bobby pins at 18" is a pain!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! Pretty good book on deciphering PI signals
"Pulsepower" on Clivesgoldpage.com

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The secret to the AQ Limited is.. Choice your spots wisely.

Gold is where you find it is a true statement forme, because it is not where I find it. Congratulations on a nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread