Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please read. They are still working the bugs out and are at about 10%. It is really going to be much better and you will have the ability to send pictures in messages. Lots of new features coming so please be patient.

Upvote 0

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m still a bit confused on the votes near each thread, it was explained they were for the banner but I have a hard time believing that so many of these posts are receiving multiple banner votes , is there something I’m missing?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m still a bit confused on the votes near each thread, it was explained they were for the banner but I have a hard time believing that so many of these posts are receiving multiple banner votes , is there something I’m missing?
No, not missing something, the green box at the start of each thread are banner votes, they are real. A member can only vote once too, you can remove your vote, which immediately removes 1 vote from the total count or put it back, but no member can vote twice for the same find, software blocks it.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So not to pick on Ontario arc it was just the example at the top of the list, but it wasn’t even a find, just a topic of discussion and it has six banner votes? Interesting topic and I like the discussion threads but I didn’t think that was the spirit of the banner, maybe I’ve got it wrong or maybe I just never realized how many banner votes posts were getting in the old format, I thought it was pretty rare.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So not to pick on Ontario arc it was just the example at the top of the list, but it wasn’t even a find, just a topic of discussion and it has six banner votes? Interesting topic and I like the discussion threads but I didn’t think that was the spirit of the banner, maybe I’ve got it wrong or maybe I just never realized how many banner votes posts were getting in the old format, I thought it was pretty rare.
The votes are automatically tabulated by software, but mods are still the ones to place them on the banner. When it isn't a find the votes are just likes.

Under the old format, we got the same amount of votes, but we had to tabulate them, throw out duplicate votes and keep running tabs, we received lots of banner reports.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread