Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please read. They are still working the bugs out and are at about 10%. It is really going to be much better and you will have the ability to send pictures in messages. Lots of new features coming so please be patient.

Upvote 0

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lots of members I’ve never heard of..even administrators. Did this site merge with another or have people changed their handles?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No change in mods, the same admins too, but they rarely post here. Few members change names but not that many, maybe 4 today.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope those old stubborn folks stick around.
It looks the matrix when I click in. Took me a while to just find this section. But they are working on it. The old system had crapped out. We are just lucky that the owners cared enough for this site to rescue it. So many old sites fall by the way side. They are @ 10 % lets see what it looks like when they are done. I am getting used to it and am sure the other old timers will as well.
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We might be able to upload short insitu videos. I had to shorten this one and then shot it off an old file off my computer screen. Soooo Treasure Net may be able host your short videos without using another party.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Took me a couple days to get to this post. I’ve lost the mobile app completely.
I have to go into my phone’s browser and search Treasurenet to find the website. Ugh!
Not sure how to navigate once on the site.

I’ve learned in business, when we are told that a platform is “Way better”, it means something totally different to an IT guy than it means to the people who have to use it.

We’ll see. I have my doubts.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me a couple days to get to this post. I’ve lost the mobile app completely.
I have to go into my phone’s browser and search Treasurenet to find the website. Ugh!
Not sure how to navigate once on the site.

I’ve learned in business, when we are told that a platform is “Way better”, it means something totally different to an IT guy than it means to the people who have to use it.

We’ll see. I have my doubts.
If you were using the old TreasureNet app it does not work here, the app hasn't been supported by developer for years.

Tapatalk isn't currently working either and I have advised admins. Tapatalk has not recognized the new site yet, it may take some time for Tapatalk to see the new website.

You can use your mobile browser like a pc by selecting desk top view. On android go to browser and type in Treasurenet, when site comes up hit the 3 dots at top right and select "desktop site". I don't have IPhone but sure it has similar feature but may be in different location.

The same 3 dots at upper top left of address bar there is a star, if you hightlight it it sets a book mark, or just leave that browser open.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, Tapatalk will no longer be supported. One of the benefits of the new software is it's been built from the ground up to work 100% on mobile devices without a dedicated app.

You can easily create a shortcut & icon on your iPhone by doing this:
  1. Launch Safari on your ‌iPhone‌ or ‌iPad‌.
  2. Navigate to the site that you want to create a Home screen shortcut to.
  3. Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen. (If you don't see the action, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit Actions, then tap Add next to the Add to Home Screen action. After that, you'll
  5. Type a name for your site link. This will be the title that appears beneath its icon on your Home screen.
  6. Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen.
Your new "web app" will appear in the next available space on your device's Home screen. To move it like you would any other app, tap and hold its icon, then tap Edit Home Screen, and you'll be able to drag it to your desired location. When you've placed it where you want it, tap Done.

Android:
  1. Launch “Chrome” app.
  2. Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
  3. Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
  4. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, Tapatalk will no longer be supported. One of the benefits of the new software is it's been built from the ground up to work 100% on mobile devices without a dedicated app.

You can easily create a shortcut & icon on your iPhone by doing this:
  1. Launch Safari on your ‌iPhone‌ or ‌iPad‌.
  2. Navigate to the site that you want to create a Home screen shortcut to.
  3. Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen. (If you don't see the action, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit Actions, then tap Add next to the Add to Home Screen action. After that, you'll
  5. Type a name for your site link. This will be the title that appears beneath its icon on your Home screen.
  6. Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen.
Your new "web app" will appear in the next available space on your device's Home screen. To move it like you would any other app, tap and hold its icon, then tap Edit Home Screen, and you'll be able to drag it to your desired location. When you've placed it where you want it, tap Done.

Android:
  1. Launch “Chrome” app.
  2. Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
  3. Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
  4. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Thanks for the update on TapaTalk and how to for IPhone..

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How complete is the upgrade at this point?

My experience so far: Every time I have come to Tnet since the upgrade began whether it has been via mobile or laptop, I’ve had to log in manually. That said, my old password didn’t work so I went ahead and reset my password and was able to log back in. However, now I have to reset my password every time I want to log in as it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. Also, when I log in via mobile the interface is way off—i.e. when I tap to type my password the password is not appearing in the box but somewhere further down the page.

The only gripe I had with the old version was that in the last few months a question mark would appear when I would use quotes, dashes, etc., but other than that everything worked perfectly fine for me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How complete is the upgrade at this point?

My experience so far: Every time I have come to Tnet since the upgrade began whether it has been via mobile or laptop, I’ve had to log in manually. That said, my old password didn’t work so I went ahead and reset my password and was able to log back in. However, now I have to reset my password every time I want to log in as it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. Also, when I log in via mobile the interface is way off—i.e. when I tap to type my password the password is not appearing in the box but somewhere further down the page.

The only gripe I had with the old version was that in the last few months a question mark would appear when I would use quotes, dashes, etc., but other than that everything worked perfectly fine for me.
What kind of phone are you using, on my phone (android) I do not have to continue to log in, I just closed all browsers that were associated to TreasureNet, open a new browser and typed in TreasureNet, it opens up with me logged in.

Are you using an app on the phone or using your browser as a pc, is browers in desktop mode when you access TreasureNet?

Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We might be able to upload short insitu videos. I had to shorten this one and then shot it off an old file off my computer screen. Soooo Treasure Net may be able host your short videos without using another party.
View attachment 1982667

If this is a really wanted feature I can talk to Dan and see if we can add better support for this. Larger video files...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is a really wanted feature I can talk to Dan and see if we can add better support for this. Larger video files...
Members do post a lot of videos, if longer videos are supported and hosted here it would be good and we would lose less traffic to you tube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread