New from Cape Cod MA

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone! Long time treasure hunter/commercial diver here. I have been enjoying the forums very much and thought i'd join you fine folks! I have been treasure hunting since 1975 and used a whites coinmaster 2 ( I think) hunting local parks and schools and I was hooked. Growing up watching Sea Hunt reruns and Jacques Cousteau gave me the incentive to become a certified diver in 1976 and exploring lakes and streams for antique glass was my summer pasttime. Several years later my family and I moved to the coast and the search for shipwrecks and lost gold began.
My first underwater machine was a whites PI1000 that I wore out , followed be a Garret Sea Hunter that I wore out , followed by a Fisher Impulse and presently use a Minelab Excalibur II and soon will be testing the Minelab Manticore at some of my Underwater sites.
As a commercial diver and working in the marine industry I've had the opportunity to dive all along the east coast of the U.S, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. As my collection grew my interests lead me to study the jewelry industry with a well known goldsmith learning the retail trade. Later starting my own jewelry business specializing in estate jewelry and antique silver I've had the opportunity to share my enthusiasm and have learned a lot from others. Now retired I look forward to spending more time in the search!

Last edited:

Adventurousshy

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2023
Hello everyone! Long time treasure hunter/commercial diver here. I have been enjoying the forums very much and thought i'd join you fine folks! I have been treasure hunting since 1975 and used a whites coinmaster 2 ( I think) hunting local parks and schools and I was hooked. Growing up watching Sea Hunt reruns and Jacques Cousteau gave me the incentive to become a certified diver in 1976 and exploring lakes and streams for antique glass was my summer pasttime. Several years later my family and I moved to the coast and the search for shipwrecks and lost gold began.
My first underwater machine was a whites PI1000 that a wore out , followed be a Garret Sea Hunter that I wore out , followed by a Fisher Impulse and presently use a Minelab Excalibur II and soon will be testing the Minelab Manticore at some of my Underwater sites.
As a commercial diver and working in the marine industry I've had the opportunity to dive all along the east coast of the U.S, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. As my collection grew my interests lead me to study the jewelry industry with a well known goldsmith learning the retail trade. Later starting my own jewelry business specializing in estate jewelry and antique silver I've had the opportunity to share my enthusiasm and have learned a lot from others. Now retired I look forward to spending more time in the search!
Wow! Thank you for sharing your story! I live on the oregon coast and have also hunted the beaches and forest for treasures for most of my life. I hope to get my first metal detector soon to help better my findings. How cool you have scuba dived the oceans! That's always been a dream of mine. Very cool. I love this site. The people in here are very helpful and kind

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your resumé beats the heck out of mine, in fact, you have done what I dreamt of. Good to have you join in. Cape Cod, had a relative live around there at one time, moved there in 1620, Plymouth area I believe.

OP
OP
SCUBACAPECOD

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Your resumé beats the heck out of mine, in fact, you have done what I dreamt of. Good to have you join in. Cape Cod, had a relative live around there at one time, moved there in 1620, Plymouth area I believe.
Thank you sp for the welcome! I wanted to let the forum know that i have some knowledge on jewelry and antiques and am willing to help in identification where I can. Wow, moved there in 1620, might have known my sister-in-law's great,great great...grand mother she arrived on the Mayflower LOL!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
SCUBACAPECOD

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hello TharmonArace and thank you for the welcome! One memorable dive from the past was when I was exploring an area off the southern coast of Mass. The area had once been a long spit of sand extending 200+ yards out to sea but now only a clay mound is left due to a hurricane that hit the area several years prior.
In the course of several days of diving we found handfuls of rings and hundreds of coins but the one item that was most memorable for me was this one I call "La Coeur de la Mer", "The Heart of the Sea". The dive was coming to an end as the sun was setting and the last item was deep in the clay. Working in a thick cloud of gray clay I could tell I had found a ring and as I lifted it out of the cloud the sparkle of a diamond caught the setting sunlight! I sat on the bottom for several more minutes watching the sunset and thought of the love found, lost and found again! Over the years I've thought of resetting the stones as the setting is worn from the sea but Just cannot, I keep it to remind me of that day and the underwater sunset!

Attachments

• DSC_0482.JPG
    DSC_0482.JPG
    666.3 KB · Views: 10

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello TharmonArace and thank you for the welcome! One memorable dive from the past was when I was exploring an area off the southern coast of Mass. The area had once been a long spit of sand extending 200+ yards out to sea but now only a clay mound is left due to a hurricane that hit the area several years prior.
In the course of several days of diving we found handfuls of rings and hundreds of coins but the one item that was most memorable for me was this one I call "La Coeur de la Mer", "The Heart of the Sea". The dive was coming to an end as the sun was setting and the last item was deep in the clay. Working in a thick cloud of gray clay I could tell I had found a ring and as I lifted it out of the cloud the sparkle of a diamond caught the setting sunlight! I sat on the bottom for several more minutes watching the sunset and thought of the love found, lost and found again! Over the years I've thought of resetting the stones as the setting is worn from the sea but Just cannot, I keep it to remind me of that day and the underwater sunset!
Great Story to accompany the beautiful ring. Well Done.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SCC, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. You bring quite a resume' with you. Glad to have you aboard.

OP
OP
SCUBACAPECOD

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
SCC, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. You bring quite a resume' with you. Glad to have you aboard.
Thank you Devi for the warm welcome its nice to be here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread