Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I'm a new metal detector owner, although I've been interested in it on and off for years. Just wasn't willing to plunk down the change for a decent one. I finally plunked a couple months ago for a Garrett AT Pro and one of their Pro Pointers when I was traveling for work out in Idaho. Found a few "stinkin lincolns" but where I was in Idaho was really rocky and hard to dig, so I shelved it till I got back. I read a few short books with tips on locations and think I'll get out and see what I find. I know where the foundation of an old stage coach stop is, but it's on private property now and I have no access unfortunately.

I'll probably be reading more that posting, but there's my intro anyway.

Ian

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to metal detecting. I myself a new to it and like you have wanted to do it for several years. I also live in Kentucky(Louisville) You will like this sight, you can learn quite a bit reading the articles and advice given by the other members. Good luck on your future hunts and be safe.......David

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from a native Kentuckian now living in Pennsylvania. Nice machine you bought. Read all you can here. Look at the pics posted of everything you can because you never know when it's your turn to find whatever the pics show! Good luck and hope your hunts are productive!
I grew up on Lake Cumberland in Wayne County.

Last edited:

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Haywire....I am from KY as well but living in Houston at the moment. I grew up around Mammoth Cave and Lived up the road from you in Florence before I moved here....

Welcome to your new addiction!

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome friend I am also a Kentucky country boy from pike co. Welcome to the site

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Kentucky for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
H

Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
River Rat, you wouldn't have been on Arboristsite a few years ago would you?

Ian

harris1

Mar 8, 2013
lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
Welcome to this wonderful site & hobby from the 859 Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread