cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the video I just watched, the rep says depth/power equivalent to the 3030... It's waterproof, multi frequency and a higher frequency capability than the Nox. Looks to me like this Machine will replace the CTX. Maybe not the intention, but at $1600...who will still purchase a CTX for $2500?? And why? For the gps capability??? This will probably be another big win for Minelab....and another nail in the coffin for First Texas and Garrett.....

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MANTICORE High Power Metal Detector

LATEST DETAILS JUST RELEASED

Our most powerful detector yet, Manticore finds targets faster, more clearly, and in even the most challenging environments. With impressive capabilities and technologies, nothing will go undetected. More effective than even the most high-end models in the market, Manticore brings power, precision and accuracy to detecting in a way that wasn’t previously possible.

MULTI IQ+: Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market.

FAST RESPONSE: Identify your targets quickly and confidently to efficiently sort between trash and treasure with exceptional target separation performance.

POWERFUL 2D ID MAP: Identify your targets with greater visual and audible target insights.

ENHANCED DISCRIMINATION: Exceptionally accurate target ID allows you to accept or reject finds quickly and confidently.

WIRELESS AUDIO: Clearly detect with audio controls set specifically for you in order to identify targets confidently, reduce noise and identify trash.

ULTIMATE SEARCH MODES: Over 10+ preset search modes allow you to set the stage for success, with the ability to customize up to 10 unique modes tailored to your specific needs.

UNRIVALLED CONSTRUCTION & WATERPROOF: Powerful yet lightweight, Manticore weighs only 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs.) and includes a three-piece, compact Carbon-Fibre shaft system. Waterproof up to 16 ft (5 m).

INTUITIVE CONTROL: The large LCD panel allows for easy viewing and clear navigation control.

BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY: In challenging environments, improved EMI rejection uses higher sensitivity to isolate targets.

CHOICE OF COILS: Comes with the M11 (11" Round Double-D coil) and choose
from M8 (8"x5.5" Elliptical Double-D) and M15 (15"x12" Elliptical Double-D) coils.

LIGHTING & VIBRATION: Detect even when the sun goes down with features such as Control Box Flashlight, Display Backlight with Auto Adjust, Backlit Keypad and Handgrip Vibration.

CLEAR AUDIO: Built in external speaker allows for crystal-clear audio and comes with Low Latency Wireless Headphones.

BUILT TO LAST: A three-year warranty with software upgrade capability allows detection far into the future.

MAP Price...$1599

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
From the video I just watched, the rep says depth/power equivalent to the 3030... It's waterproof, multi frequency and a higher frequency capability than the Nox. Looks to me like this Machine will replace the CTX. Maybe not the intention, but at $1600...who will still purchase a CTX for $2500?? And why? For the gps capability??? This will probably be another big win for Minelab....and another nail in the coffin for First Texas and Garrett.....
the 3030's ferrous/co screen is pretty awesome, use it all the time in my own custom configuration.

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
I get a hint that there will be another model to replace the CTX in due course.

Ctx is a great detector, had them since launch in 2012. With any detector it needs to be setup right.
You also need to go over the target.

I spent a long long long time tweaking my own program for use in the sea.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab hasn't discontinued the CTX, but, it has with the Etrac. If the Mcore turns out to be as good as the hype, The CTX will probably be the next one on life support. As for killing off the competition, FT's been out of competition for a while now. They'd rather sell the Bounty Hunters than get serious anymore. Garrett is actually doing some things that make me believe that they may stay in the mix. Sure. their first foray into multifrequency with the Apex was less than spectacular, but, hey, that was just that.....a first try. They have some ground to make up with an all around detector to equal or surpass ML, XP, and NoMak. On the other hand, they've just come out with a new gold machine that looks very promising with the Axiom. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, Minelab gives veterans a 15% discount on 1 detector a year so the price with a vet discount is $1360.00

OP
OP
O

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oldest detector Minelab still sells is the Excalibur. I just wish this new detector would have been made with a deeper waterproof depth rating.

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
The oldest detector Minelab still sells is the Excalibur. I just wish this new detector would have been made with a deeper waterproof depth rating.
Yes maybe, but you can’t have or need an lcd display. I agree it needs an update but it’s a pretty unique design.

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
What that video did not show, if it is possible to have ferrous bands, like on ctx.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
MĂ©xico
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
What that video did not show, if it is possible to have ferrous bands, like on ctx.
From another video (in spanish tho) IT seems the Fe/Co screen will be similar to the one of the 3030.
@2:21 & @6:41 (this one its the 3030 screen but its explaining that it should have a similar screen given the details shown of the Manticore)

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
From another video (in spanish tho) IT seems the Fe/Co screen will be similar to the one of the 3030.
@2:21 & @6:41 (this one its the 3030 screen but its explaining that it should have a similar screen given the details shown of the Manticore)

possibly.

Specifically I want adjustable tone frequency on different ferrous level.
I have been waiting on the manual to see if it has that.

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s a hybrid between the 30/30,and Equinox, I preordered one? If it’s bad I’ll sell it at a loss, but if it’s 50% more powerful and quiter than the Equinox with 2d graphics it’s worth it. It will replace my 600 Nox, I’ll keep the 800 and all the coils

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
I will be keeping my 3030 for time being until I can see the manual on new machine, I have feeling i will be staying with 3030 for a while longer, its a great detector.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
MĂ©xico
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Im really hyped for the Manticore tbh, I loved the performance of the 3030 @ Beach and the ability to do my own profiles on Fe/Co which is the game changer for me detecting bi-metal coins we have down here on Mex and still being able to ignore 95% of the ferrous trash BUT its Achilles heel is its weight, after 3-4 hrs I dont feel comfortable swinging the machine and have to constantly take some breaks, at about 6 hrs I'm done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread