New from Minelab

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's about the equinox but who knows.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wait for the Manticore will be over in a week!

On 1.12.22 you’ll find out why it’s better the second time around. ~ Minelab
I'm hoping that date uses the day designation first and not the month.....:laughing7: How sure are you of this info? Is that a shipping date from the manufacturer to dealer? Dealer arrival date?

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hoping that date uses the day designation first and not the month.....:laughing7: How sure are you of this info? Is that a shipping date from the manufacturer to dealer? Dealer arrival date?
My guess is that this announcement is for something different -- Equinox 1000. My guess is, it will have the "Manticore" carbon-fiber shaft, including the new lower rod design and improved arm cuff, and will be waterproof to 6m like the Manticore. This way, they've addressed most all of the complaints about the Equinox -- water intrusion, coil ear breakage, and wobbly shaft. Priced in the $1099 range...

Just complete speculation on my part, but this announcement seems too "secretive" and "veiled" to be about the Manticore, in my opinion.

We shall see...

Steve

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
It's December 1 not January 12. I'm not sure at all its the Manticore but the Manticore is the only detector that has been announced and awaiting a release date. Although, with all the Z's in the ad (the 2's, the sideways logo, etc.) and the change during the add from Manticore colors to black with the sideways logo, they could be releasing a new GPZ machine also in the announcement. "Good Things Come In Twos."

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's December 1 not January 12. I'm not sure at all its the Manticore but the Manticore is the only detector that has been announced and awaiting a release date. Although, with all the Z's in the ad (the 2's, the sideways logo, etc.) and the change during the add from Manticore colors to black with the sideways logo, they could be releasing a new GPZ machine also in the announcement. "Good Things Come In Twos."
I watched the video, and you are right...there are some "Z" hints, in that video...

I think it may well be the announcement of a new GPZ...I think that's more likely, now, than my original "Equinox 1000" idea...

Steve

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve, instead of Z's the logo on its side also could just be another "2". The shape is exactly like the 2's in the date but a different color.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, instead of Z's the logo on its side also could just be another "2". The shape is exactly like the 2's in the date but a different color.
Good point...

Steve

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
Manticore Shipping to Dealers this week!!

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manticore Shipping to Dealers this week!!

Manticore is shipping as of today according to their facebook page.

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 1000............. with an 1/8 th of an inch more depth, and recovery times faster than a WWF wrestler..

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
The Announcement is Dec. 1st at 3:30 PM CST. The Live Cast is at the Minelab Facebook Page at:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m glad I’ll be getting mine

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 1000............. with an 1/8 th of an inch more depth, and recovery times faster than a WWF wrestler..
Not far off. The Equinox 700 and 900 ID's go up to 99 now.

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ,,, it's an Equinox with all the dazzling bits of the Manticore .... This is a strange strategy.

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I was wrong about what the Dec. 1 announcement was about. It seems the new Nox's might squeeze Manticore sales though. I suppose it depends upon the price point of the 700 and 900. But I think they should have waited on this announcement until the first shipment of Manticores where in people's hands. It's going to take at least 4 months before anyone sees these new Nox's anyway considering the way these Minelab announcements go.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a strategy to just kill the Deus 2 (and other) sales for Christmas. Freeze everybody out.

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
But where are those U.S. Manticores? I feel like they are not coming by air but on a slow boat from the far east. Hope they are here in time for Christmas. ???

Update: It seems a very small number have been shipped to the U.S. and probably Europe.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread