New gold show on Discovery Channel Jan 13 @ 9PM

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why do you think that was?
Typical "goes nowhere" docu-drama. I was hoping it wouldn't be since I have known about the story since it hit the Las Cruces (25 miles away) news in 1963. I was in college there at the time.
There are numerous detailed articles available if you search "wsmr gold".

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
The Apache's got their gold from anyone that ventured into the Apache's land , that was a given if people traveled through or on their land !

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Apache's got their gold from anyone that ventured into the Apache's land , that was a given if people traveled through or on their land !
there wasn't much gold in his area, there wasn't a whole lot of gold in new Mexico. The gold found in Mexico was shipped out as soon as it was mined, less some that wasn't reported to the Crown.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread