NEW GRAVEL SEPARATION FROM GRAVEL SEPERATION

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOLKS
I'm a mechanical Engineer and I have developed a dry "scrub" system that requires no water for separating gold and black sands from gravel eliminating water induction for "srubbing" the feed gravels. I need to build the system on a larger scale to prove the system on a 200 tons/hour of gravel feed from feed hopper to processor. What I need: the means to build the system and a gold producing mine that is dry and arid for proving the system. Non disclosure agreement required before prototype build.
Thanks

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By "the means to build the system", you mean the FUNDS?
Post that request in the classified section of the ICMJ or GPAA magazines. You see stuff like that in every issue.

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no....the word "means" is NOT meant to infer "FUNDS". The word "means" is meant to imply that I need help in putting the equipment together at the mine site with sufficient heavy equipment. If you want to continue with interpreting my thoughts, then please have the courtesy to interpret my thoughts correctly.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My answer still rings true regardless of what you may imply. You won't find your MEANS here on this website.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets not get into a pissing match here guys.
Indiana why don't you give us a little more info on this contraption you got going?
I live a long way from VA. so I won't be able to supply any "means" but I am interested in what ya got going.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have better luck in the dry washing forum, sounds like thats what you have.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
A dry-running unit that separates gold from rock, sand and other lighter things, even though said lighter things may be larger, and therefore overall heavier.

Ok, got a question for ya' - does the MC (moisture content) of the material need to be below a certain level? For example, drywashers work on the principle that the material is "dry", and therefore there will be no moisture to make a bond between materials. Does your design need a low MC for success?

200 tons/hour? Wow, that's impressive for a prototype. Why so large to start with?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to see something like this in a gravel pit used in gold country.

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnedoe
Your a critical thinker and that is exactly where I proved the theory.... in an Ohio sand and gravel pit near my previous home location. The sand and gravel after injection into my system was screened to 1/4 minus, typically had a moisture content of 15 to 25 percent, and then conveyed to drainage bins where the moisture content is reduced to about 6 percent. The material is then further scalped and dried in rotary or bed dryers to a moisture content of less than 0.5 percent. The dryers generally are fired with natural gas or oil, although other fuels such as propane or diesel also may be used. After drying, the material undergoes final screening and classification prior to being run across a scalping table and finally to a cons table typically. I wont go any further with the process or details do to confidentiality. Needless to say, miners in arid dry conditions with very little or no water would find this sytem ideal.

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kcm
The system was built to run 10 tons per hour in a sand and gravel pit in Ohio, very small scale to prove the theory and process. Once both were proven to be viable, it is required to build a device on a larger scale (perhaps 200 tons per hour) to modify and realign the working parameters to adjust the system for specific gravity, moisture content a humidity, heat input for drying times and sieve requirements to prep for scalping and final cons production.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Johnedoe
Your a critical thinker and that is exactly where I proved the theory.... in an Ohio sand and gravel pit near my previous home location. The sand and gravel after injection into my system was screened to 1/4 minus, typically had a moisture content of 15 to 25 percent, and then conveyed to drainage bins where the moisture content is reduced to about 6 percent. The material is then further scalped and dried in rotary or bed dryers to a moisture content of less than 0.5 percent. The dryers generally are fired with natural gas or oil, although other fuels such as propane or diesel also may be used. After drying, the material undergoes final screening and classification prior to being run across a scalping table and finally to a cons table typically. I wont go any further with the process or details do to confidentiality. Needless to say, miners in arid dry conditions with very little or no water would find this sytem ideal.

Depending on your design and other equipment characteristics (portability), I would consider a dual-heat system and try to use concentrated solar as primary with some other fuel supplementing.

Kcm
The system was built to run 10 tons per hour in a sand and gravel pit in Ohio, very small scale to prove the theory and process. Once both were proven to be viable, it is required to build a device on a larger scale (perhaps 200 tons per hour) to modify and realign the working parameters to adjust the system for specific gravity, moisture content a humidity, heat input for drying times and sieve requirements to prep for scalping and final cons production.

This would have been good info for the OP. You can't get answers if being too vague. Thanks for answering some of our questions. Now maybe you can get to your target audience effectively.

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kcm
I should have issued more info initially....solar heat will not produce the required BTU's to thoroughly dry the product for separation unless on a very large scale solar array is used which is cost prohibitive. The feed rate is such that the materials need to be continually stratified and cyclonicaly separated to allow sufficient drying rates.
The equipment required is absolutely portable and can be placed on one skid dependent on the size of the unit and its production capacity.
For example: a 50TPH OPERATION can fit on a semi trailer. Any tonnage above that would need to be designed in such a way to leave as small as a footprint as possible and still be portable.
I spoke to a BLM member recently about my system and her comment was this..."if the system does what you say it will, the time it takes to file documentation and have a mine site up and running will be greatly reduced because of the lesser environmental conditions that have to be complied with". Whether that is true or not I do not know but it makes sense.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We'll get there... I suppose.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in Baker City, OR.and saw a gravel company there... First thing that came to mind was ...I wonder if they are processing the rock before they piled it into the storage piles...
Baker is in gold country by the way.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw an episode of Gold Fever show about 15 years ago where this sand and gravel company in CA was working gold-bearing material, but had no interest in processing it. I bet they are now!! ...This was the episode where Tom bought bags of sand at a local home improvement center and found gold in it. ...Yes, I've checked to see where the bags of sand in OUR stores comes from!! :laughing7:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was in Baker City, OR.and saw a gravel company there... First thing that came to mind was ...I wonder if they are processing the rock before they piled it into the storage piles...
Baker is in gold country by the way.

You can bet they are now! The gravel plants in CO (including around Denver) sell their heavies to a local company that processes it for gold. You may have heard of the company owner: Freddy Dodge.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one time one of the largest gold producers in Kal. was Granite Const.. Processed through their gravel pits

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Johnedoe

I wouldn't think propane would be very effective it has a high water content.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread