New headphone info

dcbj

Jul 29, 2021
Ct
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 300, Whites Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an older Whites Beach Hunter ID detector. The wired in headphones are broke and I?m looking to replace them. This unit is waterproof to 600 ft? But I?ve never been in the water over my ankles. Instead of taking this unit apart myself or sending it out to have the headphones replaced, if I buy a new plug in headset and cut the end off then cut the original cord on the Whites headphones and splice them together ( I?m not concerned about them being waterproof) will this work? I?m not sure how many wires are involved after I cut through the outer wire casing. Has anyone done this on the Beach Hunter ID detector? Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks for any info
dcbj

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

I was told that Garrett detectors service Whites machines. :dontknow: Give them a called to confirm.

Good Luck on your repair.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. :hello:

OP
OP
D

dcbj

Jul 29, 2021
Ct
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 300, Whites Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all well wishers. I’m 79 years old and find it hard to repeatedly bend down and then get up while I’m metal detecting, my knees and hips are tired�� the headphones on the Beach Hunter have been broken for 3- 4 yrs, they still work but the head band is broken and I thought if there was an easy fix to replace them I would give it a try. The rewire with a new head set would be easy if the wiring was compatible.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

I have an older Whites Beach Hunter ID detector. The wired in headphones are broke...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your question on BRANDS > WHITE'S for more exposure...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread