Jul 17, 2015
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Here, Newly NC, let's dig!

Hey Guy/gals,

My wife and I relocated from Austin, TX to Apex/Cary about 2 years ago, and I've finally dug out. I've been wanting to renew some old passion hobbies, and MD was a blast when I was a kid (60's). I had a cheap unit, but it worked fine for coins in non trashy areas, which was not so hard to find back then.

Recently, I ended up purchasing the Garrett AT Pro and a number of related items (love tools). I really like beaches, but would really enjoy questing for relics, coins or whatever. I'm good with any public areas where it's not an issue or is allowed.

I have been beating the ground to death in my backyard, and the first interesting find with the Pro was a GFL .45 Colt bullet casing. It is cool.

Anyway, looking for events or just a couple of folks to go out hunting and providing a little guidance, especially with the rules of the land around here. I am retired fairly young, available weekdays or weekends. Holler at me…

Regards,
Terry.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the forum ... :thumbsup:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Terry! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Terry to the forum! Thank you for sharing your story.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum from Charlotte.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and good luck finding a detecting buddy!

(Secretly wondering which specific "love tools" you purchased with the ATP, and how on earth they'd ever be useful on a dig...?)

;-)

Herd9

Greenie
Jun 30, 2015
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome,
I'm in High Point, NC

OP
OP
T

tbaudoin

Jul 17, 2015
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome. Made it to the local meeting this month, and I really enjoyed it. Glad I tripped over it.

Headed to a beach to test the unit and back for a local hunt. I think I have worked out my immediate kinks, though I thought it interesting that a clad coin rang high in one direction and low 90 @ degrees from the high, both time flat, same quarter & dime. I wouldn't have dug the low, but would have the high. I am doing this in the house over electrical, tweaking the sensitivity, frequency, & GB manually. I am really actually amazed I can pick them up at all, much less considering a normal swing speed and what's happening mechanically inches below it. So, unless I can make more sense of it at some point, I will just dig, dig, and dig.

Who's going out next week?

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the Forum. Good luck finding some buddies and Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread