🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C1C4B349-1A9B-40C1-B8B0-EA130639B437.jpeg
Hello,

Me and my expecting bride got a house for our growing family. We are doing some lite renovations and during a little break I took I decided to swing my machine.

Then house is on a 10,000sq ft lot, so a little room to roam. The house was built jn 1963, so I was hoping for a Big Ben Half or something like that.

My time in the crawl space tells me that a older foundation is under my current setup, and whole area and town has been occupied since 1870s. I have a seated quarter in my collection from a few streets over.

So, this hunt had the usual suspects. Canadian Pennie’s from the ‘70s. A quarter, a dime, junk, slot car. Then, my special signal was under-foot. It was big and shallow. I thought maybe a old fence post. Nope. I popped out a dirty clump of metal. Stained orange with the dirt, and lacking shine I was ready to pouch it. Innately I give it a little rub.

“Sterling”

I had uncovered a watrous sterling baby spoon. The hammered design with a diamond motif.

I am going to bend, mend, and make better then treasure for our baby that’s coming in April. Isn’t that cool that our new house produced a sweet baby spoon for us!?

C1C4B349-1A9B-40C1-B8B0-EA130639B437.jpeg

Upvote 22

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2008997 Hello,

Me and my expecting bride got a house for our growing family. We are doing some lite renovations and during a little break I took I decided to swing my machine.

Then house is on a 10,000sq ft lot, so a little room to roam. The house was built jn 1963, so I was hoping for a Big Ben Half or something like that.

My time in the crawl space tells me that a older foundation is under my current setup, and whole area and town has been occupied since 1870s. I have a seated quarter in my collection from a few streets over.

So, this hunt had the usual suspects. Canadian Pennie’s from the ‘70s. A quarter, a dime, junk, slot car. Then, my special signal was under-foot. It was big and shallow. I thought maybe a old fence post. Nope. I popped out a dirty clump of metal. Stained orange with the dirt, and lacking shine I was ready to pouch it. Innately I give it a little rub.

“Sterling”

I had uncovered a watrous sterling baby spoon. The hammered design with a diamond motif.

I am going to bend, mend, and make better then treasure for our baby that’s coming in April. Isn’t that cool that our new house produced a sweet baby spoon for us!?

View attachment 2008997
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2008997 Hello,

“Sterling”

View attachment 2008997
great find and congratz all the way around, love that silver!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the value of a silver spoon like that ? If any at all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread