New hunter in duh house

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI/ Grand Master Hunter CX3
karl-mxt said:
ghostrider1775 said:
Good to meet ya Karl, I have some good info on some Ghost Towns in your neck of woods if your interested. HH
Hi ghost....
May i first offer my thanks on your help on ghost towns in my area.....iv been on the net most days looking for such things and iv found loads to date and many of them being just a hour or two away from me, the thing is none of them so weather or not you can go to them with a detector, and being new to the usa dont know alot of the rules as yet but learning fast lol....so any info you might have regarding useing a detector on them will be realy cool if you can help..
many thanks mate...
No problem, here is a link to look at (www.ghosttowns.com/nv/nv.html) This shoes a little history on the towns and tells you about the owners on many of them. Good Luck!

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
ghostrider1775 said:
karl-mxt said:
ghostrider1775 said:
Good to meet ya Karl, I have some good info on some Ghost Towns in your neck of woods if your interested. HH
Hi ghost....
May i first offer my thanks on your help on ghost towns in my area.....iv been on the net most days looking for such things and iv found loads to date and many of them being just a hour or two away from me, the thing is none of them so weather or not you can go to them with a detector, and being new to the usa dont know alot of the rules as yet but learning fast lol....so any info you might have regarding useing a detector on them will be realy cool if you can help..
many thanks mate...
No problem, here is a link to look at (www.ghosttowns.com/nv/nv.html) This shoes a little history on the towns and tells you about the owners on many of them. Good Luck!
THANKS VERY MUCH GHOST........

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Welcome first to the USA Karl, then Vegas, the highrollers are all around you.

Best of luck treasure hunting... ummm Karl, Karl.. no,no, the best spots are not located around the brothels I don't care what the men tell you on here. 8)

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Charlene said:
Welcome first to the USA Karl, then Vegas, the highrollers are all around you.

Best of luck treasure hunting... ummm Karl, Karl.. no,no, the best spots are not located around the brothels I don't care what the men tell you on here. 8)
Hi Charlene
Tanks for the welcome....
And you never know there may be loads of loose change found around them brothels..lol....nice to meet you ...hh....

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME KARL TO THE USA, & TREASURE NET, GREAT SITE...............FOSSIS

B

Bambam

Welcome to the forum my fellow Nevadan. Happy Hunting and Best of luck

Bambam

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet...and the United States.

Not as much history to dig up here in the US....but you'll have fun! :)

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Thanks to all the rest of you guys and dolls for the welcomes.....

T

TreasureTales

Have you tried the Tonopah dump? It's OK to dig, sift, metal detect, etc. there. You'd need some sturdy boots and you'll need lots of drinking water. Each Memorial Day Weekend (hope you've figured out when that is by now. LOL) some folks go there and do the dump. The bottles are just about all dug out by now, but every once in awhile somebody finds an old token, coin, fob, etc. It's a large dump. Nothing fresh, it's an old dump that's dry and unfenced, but you have to avoid the rusty metal and the broken glass that is everywhere.

Golly, hope nobody else suggested Tonopah. I didn't take the time to read all the other posts. Shame on me. >:(

ANGELaLEIGH

Jan 30, 2007
TeXaS
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212x
Hey! Welcome to the US & Welcome to the TN! I am a newbie here too! Hope you get to go out soon!! Good luck & Happy Hunting!
AngelA

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
TreasureTales said:
Have you tried the Tonopah dump? It's OK to dig, sift, metal detect, etc. there. You'd need some sturdy boots and you'll need lots of drinking water. Each Memorial Day Weekend (hope you've figured out when that is by now. LOL) some folks go there and do the dump. The bottles are just about all dug out by now, but every once in awhile somebody finds an old token, coin, fob, etc. It's a large dump. Nothing fresh, it's an old dump that's dry and unfenced, but you have to avoid the rusty metal and the broken glass that is everywhere.

Golly, hope nobody else suggested Tonopah. I didn't take the time to read all the other posts. Shame on me. >:(
Thanks for the info treasure, iv been meaning to go out that way but not had a chance as yet..doing my home work on my area and ill soon be out and about hunting..

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
ANGELaLEIGH said:
Hey! Welcome to the US & Welcome to the TN! I am a newbie here too! Hope you get to go out soon!! Good luck & Happy Hunting!
AngelA
Thanks for the welcome Angela...hh

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
diggitdoggie said:
Nice to meet you Karl and welcome aboard!

DD
Hi there diggit thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you too..
hh..

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Howdy Karl and welcome to the West,a bit o culture shock I would guess,learn the basics for you area first,like always carry water.The desert is unforgiving and can kill ya.Course she'll make ya crazy first so's ya die happy.All along the Colorado river are numerous good spots either with a history of prospectors or drunken partiers. both left gold behind.To the East of ya south of Bullhead AZ is a town called Ottman(spl chk).Laughlin NV is near by with cheap lodging and swim beaches to check.Lake Mead has numerous beaches also(n-e your 40)usually if you can't harm it, like a beach, your good to go.If your paying entry fees you bought permission to dig um(with dicretion) as long as it ain't State or Fed property.The free use areas that teen/spring break kids use have been good to me.It amazes me how bejeweled most youngsters need to be to swim get drunk and fall down,but it's so.

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Thanks for all the welcomes to the USA and to TN.....still aint got a tres-buddy yet and other half says i aint going in them hills on me own due to stuff we have here which can bite lol...so mxt is thick in dust and maybe one day ill get to go out.

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
We're not done yet Karl. Welcome !!! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• animated_sherlock.gif
    animated_sherlock.gif
    13 KB · Views: 322
  • animated_sherlock.gif
    animated_sherlock.gif
    13 KB · Views: 314

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Karl! to TNET, and lots of luck in your search for adventure and treasure. Good Day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread