New in Va

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
The main branch of a bank is normally the ones that will order coins for me.
But most places want you tp be a member.
Dump banks: It is always best if you find a bank that has a coin counter, so you don't have to roll any dumps.
But if you can't find a bank with a coin counter, then one important thing is to make sure you don't pick up coins, from the same bank you dump at.
I have 4 or 5 banks I dump at..
Mainly ones that never produced any halves in more early days of CRHing.

OP
OP
A

adawg92

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I read that but was wondering if certain banks like boa or wells normally were better.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
adawg92 said:
I read that but was wondering if certain banks like boa or wells normally were better.
Nope...a bank is a bank is a bank is a...there is no magical bank or branch that produces more than another, although all banks on the east coast are good from what i hear ;D

OP
OP
A

adawg92

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im just trying to find one that's willing to order boxes.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
adawg92 said:
Im just trying to find one that's willing to order boxes.
All of my banks will order boxes for me, except the credit unions. It's crazy that you've hit up 30 banks and none will order. Make sure you hold an account, not that it's real important. It's easier if you've already established a relationship with your bank. The banks I use are Comerica, Independent, BOA, and I dump at SCSCU, and A-quip.
I might add that it's harder to find stray boxes of halves. I've come across 2 in 3 years. In other words, you may have to order boxes, instead of cold-calling for one.

OP
OP
A

adawg92

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a member at a small single branch bank and a credit union and both said they would have to check into it because of charges. I just checked the other banks for boxes already there with no luck.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
What part of Va are you in. Is it a rural area. I am in NoVa and no problem finding banks willing to order coins. I have had some say they will do it for a few and others say they won't do it at all. But you can go around the corner to another Bank or even just another Branch, and it is no problem. I have an account at each bank I deal with both getting and dumping.

OP
OP
A

adawg92

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A small town near hampton roads. Guess i will just have to open a few more accounts. Do all of ya'll dump at the coin counters.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
As mentioned above, look for a bank with a coin counting machine. Check with them first to see if they will take halfs . Some may charge you a fee if you do not have an account, so it would be worth it to open one.

Try Hampton, NewPort News or Williamsburg.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$500/bag. Dump 2K in 5 min at the merchant window, walk out with big bills. Get a business account. :wink:

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
I would dump in bags to boa (except that they are currently my pickup bank) but I don't like that they wait to deposit to your account for a few days, so i can't use that money to hunt more. Plus I prefer to not have a lot of $1000 transactions on an account.

As for advice, just start asking the banks if they can order for you, sometimes even if you arn't a member they will order.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conpewter said:
I would dump in bags to boa (except that they are currently my pickup bank) but I don't like that they wait to deposit to your account for a few days, so i can't use that money to hunt more. Plus I prefer to not have a lot of $1000 transactions on an account.

As for advice, just start asking the banks if they can order for you, sometimes even if you arn't a member they will order.

Who said anything about depositing? Ask them to reference the bags to your account (via account number) and trade bags for cash.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
what part of Va. are you located in? Credit unions will sometimes order boxes a little more readily than some banks.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread