dmoggio

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2015
Western Ma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm extremely new to this hobby, my wife got me a cheap detector in May and I've used it a few times in the backyard but have only found a few coins. I have a few questions though; 1) I've read that each state has laws about detecting but I haven't been able to find them online, if there is anyone that is from Ma or the area that can push me in the right direction I'd be much appreciative. 2) is there anyone here from WMass or northern Ct that would be willing to guide a newbie along so he learns the ropes? Ty in advance. 3) where are the best sources to locate a great search area? I've seen older maps and read some local history books so I have a general idea in my area but I believe the property is privately owned now. I see people here have asked owners to search but what if you don't know who the owners are? Do you need written permission, and do you use a generic form for this permission?

I guess that's it for now. I enjoy reading and learning from you all! Thanks!!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
D

dmoggio

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2015
Western Ma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, and thanks for your service! I was USAF for 13 years.

OP
OP
D

dmoggio

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2015
Western Ma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I'm in Easthampton, Western Mass just up I-91 from Springfield

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome to Tnet....thats how it all starts...soon ur detector will own u! lol

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Hurry up a get that dirt fishing in while you can,Hear that white stuff is on it's way where you are. HH

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
D

dmoggio

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2015
Western Ma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the article Capt

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi dmoggio; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to the TNet. Bet places for you is Farm fields just after they plowed. They are gold mines ok. Join the Mss Treasure Hunting Association. You will meet a LOT of great guys and gain info and new digging partners who will teach you the basics ii the field. Go to masstreasure.com ok.We will hook you up in no time ok. You can always send me a Personal Message (PM) with your questions. You have no iea how lucky you ae by living in Western MA. I wish I did ok. That's no joke. Your in a prime area ok. Good Luck. See you at the meeting. PEACE:RONB

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the team ... :wav:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Eastern Massachusetts!

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard brother!! I live in Springfield, relatively new to the hobby, but I've had some success. Just pulled out a 1721 Spanish Colonial 2 Reale 3 days ago! Beautiful coin, and beautiful condition. Anyways, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions etc. definitely good advice of you can get into some old fields now that they've been harvested for the year. The best hunting is usually private, so it's a not a great hobby if you're shy or hate rejection lol. That being said, I find most people are curious, and have been able to get some pretty cool permissions by just driving around and asking. Anyways, good luck, happy hunting. And again if you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

OP
OP
D

dmoggio

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2015
Western Ma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread