New Items at Steve's -- Tarsacci 2-piece lower shafts, Minelab GPX 6000 & 4500 lowers

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Items at Steve's -- Tarsacci 2-piece lower shafts, Minelab GPX 6000 & 4500 lowers

Hi all!

Just a quick note to mention a couple of new products being offered at Steve's Detector Rods...

1. Tarsacci MDT8000 two-piece lower shafts

While the stock Tarsacci shaft is a top-notch, high-quality carbon-fiber shaft, my Tarsacci 2-piece lowers offer a couple of improvements.

• Both sections are smaller in diameter than the stock shaft -- which offers a substantial reduction in hydrodynamic drag in the water; this was requested by a number of MDT8000 users who hunt routinely in the water, and wanted a shaft that was easier to maneuver (less drag). The very top of my middle shaft section is sized to fit into the Tarsacci upper S-shaft, but diameter is then reduced for the remaining length of the middle shaft. Meanwhile the lower shaft is likewise notably smaller in diameter than the stock lower, with the two sections connected by one of my heavy-duty cam locks.
  • Custom lengths (including longer "tall-man" lower rods) are available, as some users have requested a bit more extension length capability.

Otherwise, the shafts are of the same finish/appearance as the stock shaft, and of the same high-quality materials and construction.

2. Minelab GPX 6000 lower rods

Lower rods are now available for the GPX 6000, and are available in custom lengths up to 26" (4 1/2" longer than the stock lower rod). Longer lengths can be special-ordered, as well.

3. Minelab GPX 4500 lower rods

Lower rods are also now available for the GPX 4500, and are also available in custom lengths including "tall-man" rods up to 36" in length.

Finally, a prototype upper "S-shaft" is being tested at this time. While designed with an eye toward Garrett units, a version will also be produced for the Equinox as a custom offering, for those who prefer an "S-shaft" versus a straight shaft. It could also, potentially, be adapted for use with other units on a custom basis.

If you have questions, need more information, or would like to place an order, please contact me here on the forum, via PM, or by email at [email protected].

THANKS!

Steve
Steve's Detector Rods, home of Equinox and CTX 3030 carbon-fiber shafts and rods
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread