New Legend owner!

Buckeye658793

Dec 24, 2022
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Nokta Makro Legend
Been detecting on and off for 20 years I have a Ace 350 and I just received my new Legend I bought myself for Christmas.I already got it updated to 1.09 and also bought the book on the Legend by Andy Sabisch.I’ve been playing with it a little in the house since the weather here in Nw Ohio is pretty crappy it’s pretty overwhelming so far I definitely have a lot of reading and learning to do I’m hoping I made a good decision.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats
Getting an upgrade for Xmas is always great.
It can keep one entertained doing long spell till the ground thaws out.

Not sure on how EMI effects the Legend, though I do know that other makes it can be an "Issue"
The manufacturer will usually state it in the owners manual if one should do certain settings in the house just because of the EMI.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. Always glad to have another member of the Legend Legion. Or is it The Legion of Legend? Where is that
T-shirt?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome. Always glad to have another member of the Legend Legion. Or is it The Legion of Legend? Where is that
T-shirt?
there is my shirt I had made where is yours LOL

Attachments

• 316156114_10218109610211733_4081364291305764369_n.jpg
    316156114_10218109610211733_4081364291305764369_n.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 52

james.battista

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2023
Been detecting on and off for 20 years I have a Ace 350 and I just received my new Legend I bought myself for Christmas.I already got it updated to 1.09 and also bought the book on the Legend by Andy Sabisch.I’ve been playing with it a little in the house since the weather here in Nw Ohio is pretty crappy it’s pretty overwhelming so far I definitely have a lot of reading and learning to do I’m hoping I made a good decision.
Same here. Upgraded from the Ace 350 I'm in PA and the weather stinks. What nice days we have had either my wife or I had Dr Appointments.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that T-Shirt available to buy anywhere?
Nope, I had them made up for personal use 6 of them in different colors mainly blacks and grey's, sorry

I had the Logo you see put on the Back and then a smaller Logo put in a circular patch just under the tip of the shirt color on the left breast plate

the circular patch reads Member of the Legions of the Legend with my first name

I am on Facebook on the Legend groups so when the admins of the groups would say lets welcome our newest members I would always greet the new members with (Welcome To the Legions of The Legend) and someone suggested I make up a shirt with that on it so I did LOL I did get permision from Delik at Nokta before I had them made though

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you like the Andy Sabisch book? Looks interesting. Anyone else able to offer some feedback on it?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How did you like the Andy Sabisch book? Looks interesting. Anyone else able to offer some feedback on it?
I am still reading it but it has a ton of good info in it, I do feel it is more geared towards some one new to detecting though but it is a good book to get, Andy and Clive both will have to put out revised editions once the 1.11 is released to us though

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still reading it but it has a ton of good info in it, I do feel it is more geared towards some one new to detecting though but it is a good book to get, Andy and Clive both will have to put out revised editions once the 1.11 is released to us though
Do you feel that things will change enough to wait on a revised edition, and are you thinking there will indeed be one? I consider myself pretty green compared to most serious detectorists and always looking for tips on my particular model.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought the one from Clive for my Anfibo. A lot of good info for all levels. I'll get one for the Legend when he edits it for the final detector updates.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you feel that things will change enough to wait on a revised edition, and are you thinking there will indeed be one? I consider myself pretty green compared to most serious detectorists and always looking for tips on my particular model.
I believe that with the new additional features that were added in the Beta Test versions 1.10 V1 and V2 that yes they will need to put out revised editions but will they that is a question only Andy and Clive can answer, should they I absolutely think they should because of the Newly added features that are not in the 1.09

I kind of feel both Andy and Clive should have waited before publishing their books but it is what it is

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe that with the new additional features that were added in the Beta Test versions 1.10 V1 and V2 that yes they will need to put out revised editions but will they that is a question only Andy and Clive can answer, should they I absolutely think they should because of the Newly added features that are not in the 1.09

I kind of feel both Andy and Clive should have waited before publishing their books but it is what it is
Clives has a lot of his general search and test methods that he applies to each detector when he writes his book, but the addition of BC, GS, and fixing the foil masking problem in M3 are pretty huge improvements that should be considered in his book.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clives has a lot of his general search and test methods that he applies to each detector when he writes his book, but the addition of BC, GS, and fixing the foil masking problem in M3 are pretty huge improvements that should be considered in his book.
There was also a AG (Audio Gain) feature added to the gold field mode so at least four added features in the 1.10 V1 and 2 Versions that will soon become 1.11 when finalized

1Seekingsilver

Mar 1, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i and Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a new legend owner as well, and wondered if anyone could tell me if I should use 6 tone or 60 to learn the machine? I have not updated it to 1.11 yet thinking it might be harder to learn with more settings?

spotsyrick

Greenie
Mar 3, 2023
I am a new legend owner as well, and wondered if anyone could tell me if I should use 6 tone or 60 to learn the machine? I have not updated it to 1.11 yet thinking it might be harder to learn with more settings?
I would update anyway, because I think the updates really help the machine perform better and that's an advantage to you as you learn your detector.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with "spotsyrick". Mine came with 1.05 and I have updated whenever a new version came out. Not that big a leap. Mine has always worked so well that I haven't had to do much adjusting. Doing more now with 1.11 because my basic skills work and now I'm honing them and its working great. I set up for the beaches with 6 tones with every thing iron and bottle caps range a low grunt, higher for gold range, and highest pitch for the high conductors. I detect ALL METAL, and usually dig most everything. If I had notched out iron I would not have found the 1715 fleet engravers tool that is a perfect match for the one in the McLarty Treasure Museum. But at least now I can anticipate what I might come up with. Gotta admit though that's all pretty easy on the beach with a good sand scoop. Maybe one day I'll develop a good enough ear to try 60. You already have your 2 greatest tools, a really great detector, and a healthy desire to learn. Now practice, practice, practice. Beast of luck!

spotsyrick

Greenie
Mar 3, 2023
Agree with "spotsyrick". Mine came with 1.05 and I have updated whenever a new version came out. Not that big a leap. Mine has always worked so well that I haven't had to do much adjusting. Doing more now with 1.11 because my basic skills work and now I'm honing them and its working great. I set up for the beaches with 6 tones with every thing iron and bottle caps range a low grunt, higher for gold range, and highest pitch for the high conductors. I detect ALL METAL, and usually dig most everything. If I had notched out iron I would not have found the 1715 fleet engravers tool that is a perfect match for the one in the McLarty Treasure Museum. But at least now I can anticipate what I might come up with. Gotta admit though that's all pretty easy on the beach with a good sand scoop. Maybe one day I'll develop a good enough ear to try 60. You already have your 2 greatest tools, a really great detector, and a healthy desire to learn. Now practice, practice, practice. Beast of luck!
Congrats on that huge find Sandog.

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
I would update anyway, because I think the updates really help the machine perform better and that's an advantage to you as you learn your detector.
I agree. I would definitely update. It’s not any harder to learn & performs much better although it performed well before the 1.11. I think the Multi is better on the 1.11 update.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread