Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went metal detecting in the surf today with 2 ft breakers for 5 hrs. Heck of a work-out. After words, my right elbow was killing me. Not surprising since I spent all that time working against incoming and outgoing surf with my 15” Nox coil. Going with the surf flow only works so well. Decided to name it – Metal Detector’s elbow! After all, tennis elbow is well known. Us MDers deserve a medical condition too! Perhaps it will catch on; the phrase not the condition, per se. Has any body else experienced metal detector's elbow?

Upvote 11

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bad ulnar nerve In right elbow. Causes pain and numbness in hand and fingers. Surgery would fix it but I’ve decided to live with it. Same with my other maladies. Oh the pain!
Now I know the name of my Condition.....thank you sir !! Yes....I have the same problem.....makes my hand ache and my fingers go numb.....thats it !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went metal detecting in the surf today with 2 ft breakers for 5 hrs. Heck of a work-out. After words, my right elbow was killing me. Not surprising since I spent all that time working against incoming and outgoing surf with my 15” Nox coil. Going with the surf flow only works so well. Decided to name it – Metal Detector’s elbow! After all, tennis elbow is well known. Us MDers deserve a medical condition too! Perhaps it will catch on; the phrase not the condition, per se. Has any body else experienced metal detector's elbow?
The aches and pains that are associated from swinging the detector for hours on end seems to be a common ailment with many.
I myself have discovered that the relief from discomfort, is digging a sweet keeper from the dirt.
It's actually quite amazing, like taking a painkiller-bang it hits-no pain-the detector is lighter, as the step.
All is good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread