Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went metal detecting in the surf today with 2 ft breakers for 5 hrs. Heck of a work-out. After words, my right elbow was killing me. Not surprising since I spent all that time working against incoming and outgoing surf with my 15” Nox coil. Going with the surf flow only works so well. Decided to name it – Metal Detector’s elbow! After all, tennis elbow is well known. Us MDers deserve a medical condition too! Perhaps it will catch on; the phrase not the condition, per se. Has any body else experienced metal detector's elbow?

Upvote 11

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went metal detecting in the surf today with 2 ft breakers for 5 hrs. Heck of a work-out. After words, my right elbow was killing me. Not surprising since I spent all that time working against incoming and outgoing surf with my 15” Nox coil. Going with the surf flow only works so well. Decided to name it – Metal Detector’s elbow! After all, tennis elbow is well known. Us MDers deserve a medical condition too! Perhaps it will catch on; the phrase not the condition, per se. Has any body else experienced metal detector's elbow?
Yes, and detector back, detector shoulder, detector legs, etc. Let's face it, detecting is not for wimps! :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I do when Florida's East coast surf is strong is sweep with the current, stepping sideways as it flows into shore then sidestep back with the wave-current recedes as the flow returns to the sea.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I change-up arms to offset pain. One target right arm, next target left arm, etc.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I do when Florida's East coast surf is strong is sweep with the current, stepping sideways as it flows into shore then sidestep back with the wave-current recedes as the flow returns to the sea.
Yep, it feels like your skating..
Got to get a rythm going.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The pain we’ll endure for treasure! Specifically for the yellow shiny stuff. I Don’t know how many times I said “just a couple more hours then I’m going home”, while my arm was aching and throbbing from water hunting only to still be detecting 7 hrs later and now the wrist is hurting from the heavy filled scoop. Sometimes the pain just makes you feel good, to know you’re alive and doing what you love!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neck and spine problems have practically stopped my enjoyment of the hobby.
I miss just having a sore elbow.... now when I swing, my whole right hand goes numb, pins and needles....and my shoulder feels like a load of tnt got set off.
If I look up to the sky, tilt my head to the left, there’s 10% relief....
Then I can beep for another half hour.

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll add to the collection, trigger toes/ neuroma When the ligaments to the ball of your feet cramp up and you can barely walk.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have also five or more hours swinging for a mile and a half up and down the beach.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oh yeah add the knees as well

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neck and spine problems have practically stopped my enjoyment of the hobby.
I miss just having a sore elbow.... now when I swing, my whole right hand goes numb, pins and needles....and my shoulder feels like a load of tnt got set off.
If I look up to the sky, tilt my head to the left, there’s 10% relief....
Then I can beep for another half hour.
Always thought someone should make a coil that fits on your foot like a shoe then you could detect by just walking, run the controls up the pantleg onto a belt module housing. Any engineers out there?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always thought someone should make a coil that fits on your foot like a shoe then you could detect by just walking, run the controls up the pantleg onto a belt module housing. Any engineers out there?
Already been done. Look up Wizard stud finders. They made a detector that strapped on the side of your shoe. Kid toy quality TR. Think I still got it laying around in the shop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread