cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Hello everyone. My name is Brent Thibodaux. I am a social worker in southeast Louisiana. I was drawn to the hobby around 3 years ago beginning in my yard where I found countless relics from Louisiana cypress sawmill days ( late 1800s to about 1920) then I’m lucky enough to get new permissions around town. I apologize for my abrupt introduction and thank you guys for including me. I love the hobby and the history it connects me with.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. My name is Brent...southeast Louisiana...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Louisiana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a old member who has been away from the forum for a long time. My metal detecting "career" began with a Tesoro Bandito II. I was in Pennsylvania at the time. I returned to Ohio and found that the Tesoro didn't like mineralized soil and clay in Mid Ohio, so, I switched to Bounty Hunter. I worked with Mickey Cochran when he was with Bounty Hunter and First Texas Manufacturing (name at the time). So, I field tested lots of BH machines and all their coils. I answered questions about BH on all the forums.

I sold all the BH machines and Fisher machines I had after Mickey Cochran passed away. I miss him. He was a good friend. I switched to Garrett.

I now have the Ace 250, the Ace 300, and the AT-Pro. I have the ProPrinter and my wife has the PP AT. She now uses the Ace 300.

So, I'll pop in from time to time (I stay very busy). I'll be detecting when I can and playing music as much as possible. If any on you remember me from the distant past, I hope you've all been well.

Cheers...
Mickey

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cajundetector, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. M.M., Welcome back.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from the East Coast:hello:
Thanks. Have you ever made your way to Lehigh Tannery in White Haven, PA? George Washington bought supplies for the Continental Army there. The original foundation still exists.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cajundetector, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. M.M., Welcome back.
Thanks CajunD. I am glad to be back.

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks. Have you ever made your way to Lehigh Tannery in White Haven, PA? George Washington bought supplies for the Continental Army there. The original foundation still exists.
I do most of my hunting in the water. Artifacts are cool, I just get lured to the gold and silver

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can understand that, especially with the value of an eight reale.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. My name is Brent Thibodaux. I am a social worker in southeast Louisiana. I was drawn to the hobby around 3 years ago beginning in my yard where I found countless relics from Louisiana cypress sawmill days ( late 1800s to about 1920) then I’m lucky enough to get new permissions around town. I apologize for my abrupt introduction and thank you guys for including me. I love the hobby and the history it connects me with.
Hi Brent WELCOME to a VERY FINE FORUM :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also might be able to get help by calling Garmin !!! 800-800-1020 I know this looks like a odd number but it is there !!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Cajunbear

Apr 12, 2023
Greetings from Butte Larose, Louisiana. I'm a newbie. Looking for like minded people. Hunting buddys...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions