New Minelab Manticore Forum

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Manticore in the first of March. I sold it a few days ago. I am going to stick with my Deus 2's

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about Buying one, But my aversion to New Machines
before they are fully tested has changed that thought.

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
I got my Manticore in the first of March. I sold it a few days ago. I am going to stick with my Deus 2's
Well you gave it a good try. I keep thinking about the Deus 2... My old detecting partner went to the Deus years ago. I know it must be a good machine, since he is a great detectorist. Wish he was still near here.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember can not post links or advertise non supporting vendors in the forum

Thanks..

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
Is there a list of supporting vendors? I read the rules again.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a list of supporting vendors? I read the rules again.
Yes, supporting vendors is just below the "Collectors Forum", above our Market Place Classified section.

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
Not finding it. Seems like I use to have a different listing on the "Forums" dropdown, like Brands... Now I just have a bunch of mostly personalized links: New Posts, Top Treasure Finds, Find Threads, Watched, etc. How do I get to that other menu that shows all the forums? I must be missing something - Thanks

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
Not finding it. Seems like I use to have a different listing on the "Forums" dropdown, like Brands... Now I just have a bunch of mostly personalized links: New Posts, Top Treasure Finds, Find Threads, Watched, etc. How do I get to that other menu that shows all the forums? I must be missing something - Thanks
I found it! Never mind.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone get the latest update, I understand it help tremendously on falling and iron, thanks

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
I did the updates to the Manticore and Headphones. I was a little surprised that the machine was set to default. I thought it said somewhere that it saves the current settings. It did save a favorite. No big deal though. I spent a little time getting it back to how I am use to hunting. I did about 6 hours at a hunted out park. I put the new stabilizer on at 2 and increased it to like 7 for a few signals. It did seem to quiet things down some on the iron falses. I hunt with all metal (horse shoe on). To me it sounded like it makes the false signal quieter and "thinner" and at the same time makes the iron low tone quieter. I though it odd that the Iron low tone got quieter also. I did not use the stabilizer much though, as I am pretty comfortable now with the false signals at this park. I will surely use it in some iron infested fields when they open up. That will tell the tale.

Earlafindit, watch some of the videos about testing the red numbers on a good target in with iron. Looked to me like you can't really just go by the red numbers all the time.

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did the updates to the Manticore and Headphones. I was a little surprised that the machine was set to default. I thought it said somewhere that it saves the current settings. It did save a favorite. No big deal though. I spent a little time getting it back to how I am use to hunting. I did about 6 hours at a hunted out park. I put the new stabilizer on at 2 and increased it to like 7 for a few signals. It did seem to quiet things down some on the iron falses. I hunt with all metal (horse shoe on). To me it sounded like it makes the false signal quieter and "thinner" and at the same time makes the iron low tone quieter. I though it odd that the Iron low tone got quieter also. I did not use the stabilizer much though, as I am pretty comfortable now with the false signals at this park. I will surely use it in some iron infested fields when they open up. That will tell the tale.

Earlafindit, watch some of the videos about testing the red numbers on a good target in with iron. Looked to me like you can't really just go by the red numbers all the time.
Ill find out , I used a DF on the beaches alot , now that I sold the DF to a guy in CA. , I miss it , Even if its 75% accurate , I consiider it a plus on the beaches in Wet sand , happy hunting , Ps I recieved some info . on the M15 , M8 , extra coils Mid - to late July , they will be available to buy , Happy hunting , Earl

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
Ill find out , I used a DF on the beaches alot , now that I sold the DF to a guy in CA. , I miss it , Even if its 75% accurate , I consiider it a plus on the beaches in Wet sand , happy hunting , Ps I recieved some info . on the M15 , M8 , extra coils Mid - to late July , they will be available to buy , Happy hunting , Earl
Thanks Earl, Good news on the coils - finally! I'll most likely get the M8. I can't think of what detector is a DF? I'll probably think of it as soon as I push the Post button... I see you have both blue Excaliburs - I had the 10 - that will put some girth on your arm, haha.

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Earl, Good news on the coils - finally! I'll most likely get the M8. I can't think of what detector is a DF? I'll probably think of it as soon as I push the Post button... I see you have both blue Excaliburs - I had the 10 - that will put some girth on your arm, haha.
Whites Surf Pi DF , as far as the blues , have a tornado 10 from a Sov gt on one , a 12x13 tornado Nel on the other, the original coils , i had the wiring redone , the 8 & 10 for the next round , both re-done moded out with PP & Joes skullies , want the M15 because the last couple years, Ive been wet sand hunting mostly , looks like the M-8 will be nice in shallow water , even though the coils will come late for me , in the 2nd half of the season , it's all good , happy hunting , Earl

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DF is probably the White's Dual Field. The 10" coil on the Excal is actually light IMO. Try swinging the 15" WOT or 15" NEL Attack coil! :laughing7:

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DF is probably the White's Dual Field. The 10" coil on the Excal is actually light IMO. Try swinging the 15" WOT or 15" NEL Attack coil! :laughing7:
Mine are hardwired in , when they need replacement only , I do that , besides the coils on the Excals , are for water hunting !

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I found it! Never mind.
? Ya can't post there linc , can you mention the company name ? Just wondering , as people need some out put to get some supplies , from non vender's . Some supplier's - won't support any forum's , alot using FB , I was told from were I got my Manticore who- used to be a vendor on another forum 95 % of his sales are from FB , only 5% Forum's , he dropped off the other forum . I personally left FB 2 years ago , and won't return .

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are hardwired in , when they need replacement only , I do that , besides the coils on the Excals , are for water hunting !
Mine are hardwired too. As for the coils, they're the same ones used with a Sovereign. That's basically what an Excal is, a waterproof Sovereign. It works great for all sorts of beach hunting both in and out of the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread