New Minelab Manticore Forum

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully I will be releasing my thoughts sometime in early 2023. When the ground is frozen.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn’t look to promised, guessing March 2023

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you treasure net

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pre-ordered Oct. 1st at Kellyco. I am getting frustrated and was debating canceling and buying the Deus II. It's the lack of any kind of status report from Minelab topped off by them offering two additional models during December that feels wrong to me. I joke they are crowdfunding the Manticore through preorders. I think they should prioritize their resources and concentrate on getting the Manicore out the door. Yesterday I called Kellyco. They sold over 250 units and got something like 100 orders filled. I'm still somewhere just under 100 on the waiting list. Holding tight for now but if it drags out into March I won't be happy. Good products, bad business model. Reminds me of the early computer vaporware episodes.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pre-ordered Oct. 1st at Kellyco. I am getting frustrated and was debating canceling and buying the Deus II. It's the lack of any kind of status report from Minelab topped off by them offering two additional models during December that feels wrong to me. I joke they are crowdfunding the Manticore through preorders. I think they should prioritize their resources and concentrate on getting the Manicore out the door. Yesterday I called Kellyco. They sold over 250 units and got something like 100 orders filled. I'm still somewhere just under 100 on the waiting list. Holding tight for now but if it drags out into March I won't be happy. Good products, bad business model. Reminds me of the early computer vaporware episodes.
The units are made then shipped from Malaysia and are also subject to the same supply chain issues as everything else.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The units are made then shipped from Malaysia and are also subject to the same supply chain issues as everything else.
The "supply chain" isn't one all inclusive term for everything purchased overseas. Some parts of the supply chain are flowing normally again. Minelab should release periodic statements to take some of the guesswork out.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you saying the manufacturing or the shipping is the issue?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The "supply chain" isn't one all inclusive term for everything purchased overseas. Some parts of the supply chain are flowing normally again. Minelab should release periodic statements to take some of the guesswork out.
I feel for ya man-being a Minelab mushroom
(kept in the dark and fed $hit)

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are shipped as fast as they are manufactured, and there are still major supply chain issues. The release is projected for early 2023.

The preorder deposits is also not given to Minelab, that goes to dealers.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying the manufacturing or the shipping is the issue?
What issue, The Manicore release is scheduled for early 2023, Minelab has not given a specific release date other than early 2023, 1st quarter, Jan-March is usually considered early.

It was the same way with the Equinox and the 3030 releases. Dealers do not know exact dates when they will receive their allotments.

Production lines are set up to continually manufacture the various Minelab models in production, they do not shut down other lines to manufacture a new model, so only so many units can be made at a time on the dedicated Manticore production line. Once units are made. boxed and loaded in cargo containers the units are shipped via ship which is where any supply chain issues can come in.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, my dealer said they have a pile of money waiting for Minelab and that Minelab of course knows this. I asked my dealer if I could please have a complementary Minelab t shirt. Which they laughed off.

I'm thinking of the potential irony if Minelab does eventually send out a rare press release stating the projected "early" 2023 release of the Manticore has been delayed due to supply chain issues.

My bank account sometimes suffers from asset supply chain issues so I'm treating that full cash deposit as a potential rainy day slush fund. So Minelab shouldn't tarry. Plus I have plenty of time to watch Deus II YouTube videos. I've been debating. Do I really need 2D or 16 C notes? And how did the French circumvent the supply train issues?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What issue, The Manicore release is scheduled for early 2023, Minelab has not given a specific release date other than early 2023, 1st quarter, Jan-March is usually considered early.

It was the same way with the Equinox and the 3030 releases. Dealers do not know exact dates when they will receive their allotments.

Production lines are set up to continually manufacture the various Minelab models in production, they do not shut down other lines to manufacture a new model, so only so many units can be made at a time on the dedicated Manticore production line. Once units are made. boxed and loaded in cargo containers the units are shipped via ship which is where any supply chain issues can come in.
Thanks for the lengthy explanation of how it works.
But I am going to call BS on the shipping.
What a lame ass system rollout.
Close friends ship 2400 lb totes of Linseed oil from Europe. Via Air fright.
Minelab has a slow boat from Asia. For a 4 lb box. It's all about the $$$.
Short sightness on many levels regarding rollout and customer feedback.
We know that your support for the manufacturer is unwavering.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, my dealer said they have a pile of money waiting for Minelab and that Minelab of course knows this. I asked my dealer if I could please have a complementary Minelab t shirt. Which they laughed off.

I'm thinking of the potential irony if Minelab does eventually send out a rare press release stating the projected "early" 2023 release of the Manticore has been delayed due to supply chain issues.

My bank account sometimes suffers from asset supply chain issues so I'm treating that full cash deposit as a potential rainy day slush fund. So Minelab shouldn't tarry. Plus I have plenty of time to watch Deus II YouTube videos. I've been debating. Do I really need 2D or 16 C notes? And how did the French circumvent the supply train issues?
I only had to hear, read multiple issues regarding controls having leakage, broken ears on the coil. This alone put the deciding factor on not going there again with Minelab.
Winter came, the Deus ll didn't get the full amount of time I would of liked.
Though what I saw/dug with the results from well hit sites, it impressed me.
Sad part is I'll have to wait another 3 months probably to the season starts again.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned a Nox 800 for three years or so and have had very good success. I've put hundreds upon hundreds of hours with it in the field. I'm mostly a colonial hunter in the woods of Eastern Long Island, NY. I did have the ears break and repaired at no cost with minor inconvenience. I recently replaced the battery myself and bought carbon rods from Steve's Detector Rods. Also a Tele-Nox Folding Control Box Adapter, Power-Nox backup battery, Snake Skinz cable cover, coil ear protector, and CPU\handle weather covers. I call it the 800 Plus. But I'm at the point where I want a fresh machine.

Was hoping this forum would pick up so that we could learn more about the Manticore from user's hands. I've heard no commentary on the improved EMF\EMI blocking which is important to me because I have a large permission with a cell tower. Some concern over reports of the Manticore giving deep iron false good target signals. I look at a lot of iron just to play it safe. The Manticore's increased power sounds great, but I am in clean woods pushing my 800's sensitivity full out to 25 no problem.

I'm out in the field often. Was out all day Tuesday and today and going out Thursday and Friday (rain on Saturday). On Tuesday the ground was frozen an inch deep in places. Normally I can count on the forest floor to keep the soil loose in cold weather (we had two days in the teens). This is some of my most important time to detect. We have so many ticks out here and several tick-borne diseases, some potentially lethal. I've seen ticks moving at 40 degrees so I like the cold weather. Especially for the wetlands which are swarming with ticks starting early spring. I've hosed my rubber boots down with pyrethrum and watch ticks march right through it. I also have to worry about hunting season. I cross paths with plenty of deer and waterfowl hunters. I have to detect smart. Bow season Oct. through December, shotgun all of January.

This is what bugs me about the Manticore rollout. Yes, I get it. Supply chain disruptions and high demand. But I am frequently out in the field detecting. I plunked the money down. I need a straight answer or I go elsewhere. The colonials are elusive but rewarding. I want a more advanced machine to go over my sites, many which have only been detected by me. I'm serious about the hobby. In my youth I was a professional archaeologist, graduate level. I study maps, soils, and read plenty of local, regional, and National colonial history. I walk 30 minutes to an hour just to get to my sites and stay out all day. I carry a backpack with food, fire, water, GPS, and a First Aid Kit.

Meanwhile, Minelab will get my new machine to me someday.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the lengthy explanation of how it works.
But I am going to call BS on the shipping.
What a lame ass system rollout.
Close friends ship 2400 lb totes of Linseed oil from Europe. Via Air fright.
Minelab has a slow boat from Asia. For a 4 lb box. It's all about the $$$.
Short sightness on many levels regarding rollout and customer feedback.
We know that your support for the manufacturer is unwavering.
Minelab doesn't ship a box at a time, they ship hundreds of units of new detectors as well as other models at a time as well as parts, and accessories, a lot more than 2400 pounds at a time.

I am just explaining how it works or did when I worked for Minelab, I no longer work for ML, but I do know how their production line worked when I worked for ML and that included multiple rollouts of new detector models.

Last edited:

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
…I've heard no commentary on the improved EMF\EMI blocking which is important to me because I have a large permission with a cell tower. Some concern over reports of the Manticore giving deep iron false good target signals. I look at a lot of iron just to play it safe. The Manticore's increased power sounds great, but I am in clean woods pushing my 800's sensitivity full out to 25 no problem.

Meanwhile, Minelab will get my new machine to me someday…
Look up Tom Dankowski, he has written quite a lot in your area of interest.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hint, Eastender...

(which FloridaSon is hinting at, above)...

LONG-PRESS NOISE CANCEL. When you finally get your machine, remember this...

LONG-PRESS noise cancel...i.e. hold the coil totally still, 12" above the ground, and then press the noise-cancel button and HOLD IT, until you see the machine gradually settle onto a couple of numbers (noise-cancel channels), and then hopefully it settles onto just one...THEN release the button. It's a very advanced EMI mitigation system, but apparently you only get to take full advantage of this, when performed in the way I just described...

And, do it OFTEN, while hunting...

Steve

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone in Wisconsin has one for sale right now on Ebay. He wants $2500 plus shipping for it though! :BangHead: Just how bad do you want one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread