New Minelab Manticore Forum

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I don’t want to be part of a loyal to brand network, why it proves nothing, if you watch a few of those you tuber testers that go in depth you will be served better off, if people can’t be unbiased it serves no purpose,

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These machines still are not available to the public in the masses that in itself is terrible marketing, supply issues is always the excuse, many have cancelled there orders, that’s not good business, in the meantime xp deus 2 users have been using theres for sometime, not good folks

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, I do not at times understand Minelab. The Manticore in some places are still taking PRE-orders, even though it has been released for some time now. The 900 just recently has been announced, ordered one a couple of days ago, and should arrive this week. A friend of mine ordered a Manticore some time ago, still nothing.

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I pre-ordered the Manticore back in September and received it last week of January. There is a learning curve to be sure at least for me as I'm a beep and dig guy. The New England weather has been mild this winter so for the last few weeks I've hunted a few parks ,beaches and a colonial homestead site. I've recovered over 500 clad coins with some silver and can say it finds the smallest items. Hitting wheat cents at 10in. and deeper with clear signals. At this one beach, I hunt that is covered in coal/coke, bricks and hot rocks I pulled out a few mercury dimes so separation is very good. The homestead, I use as a test site for new equipment and have hunted it with several different detectors and loop combinations until I was confident there was nothing left. The Manticore set in factory pre-sets found several tiny buttons mixed in with dozens of nails that the MXT missed. The Manticore will hit on deep big nails but that could be user error.

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
I took the Manticore to an old corner-lot country school site that has been hunted hard - I worked it over with my Explorer II many times.

I have to say that the target separation is very good. I ended up with two deep wheatbacks and a 1895 Indian head (all about 9") and some shallower clad. This was out of an area loaded with nails and square nails. For the IH, it gave a great signal initially, sort of a less-sharp, deep sound. Then, when I turned 90 deg. it gave an iron response. Moving the coil tip to the spot I figured it was, the good signal returned. The Manticore is definitely doing things my Explorer doesn't. It could just be I was digging iffier signals though. I did get many similar hits that turned out to be square nails, they didn't have the less-sharp sound though. I dug about six nails out of one hole.

If I can learn what it's telling me, I should be really happy with the Manticore. I like the sounds and the way it reports quiet, deep signals. It reminds me of the Explorer in those regards. Love the weight and design too.

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This coin was found yesterday at a permission i use as a testing ground for new equipment. The land has a late 1700 to mid 1870's homesite thats not much more than a depression in the ground surrounded by old handmade bricks. I worked the site in the past with a Whites 5000, a Garrett Groundhog followed by Whites MXT and now testing the Manticore there. The target trace was all over the place, ferrous with a solid dot in the high 80's and out from under 4in. of soil and an old brick this worn slug of a Sitting Liberty dime pops out with several rose cut nails. Even after photoshop to increase contrast there's no date but I'll take it .

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you folks pre ordered did you have to pay in advance ?

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
When you folks pre ordered did you have to pay in advance ?
Hello Gare, I preordered and pre paid in September and got mine end of January.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scuba I got my Scuba certifications in 20121

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got certified in 2021 and have not dove since. I have no idea why i got it., At 75 years old makes one wonder. I just thought if i could help someone out i would. I have hookas and just thought i could not be to cafreful. i still am glad i got certified.
What type of diving do you do ?

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I got certified in 2021 and have not dove since. I have no idea why i got it., At 75 years old makes one wonder. I just thought if i could help someone out i would. I have hookas and just thought i could not be to cafreful. i still am glad i got certified.
What type of diving do you do ?
Mostly warm water tropics when i can, some commercial diving for old customers when I have to! Underwater treasure hunting until the sharks show up.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly warm water tropics when i can, some commercial diving for old customers when I have to! Underwater treasure hunting until the sharks show up.
SHARKS !!! YOU BE CAREFUL !!!

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The Manticore has found its first 500 coins! Here is a preview of a long video that is on the way enjoy.!

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just posted the long video of the first 500 coins for the Manticore I hope everyone enjoys the show good luck hunting!

Carolinabusguy

Mar 5, 2020
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needing some help /advice. Got my Manticore a few weeks ago. Problem is pairing the headphones . I have paired many headphones over the last several years so don’t think it is user error. The issue is the headphones never flash red and blue . When turned on they go immediately to flashing pink . From what I have read this is suppose to mean they are factory resetting? Have contacted my dealer and at this point no feedback from Minelab . Have performed factory resets on both the headphones and detector and still the headphones flash pink. If anyone has any ideas It would be greatly appreciated

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
Needing some help /advice. Got my Manticore a few weeks ago. Problem is pairing the headphones . I have paired many headphones over the last several years so don’t think it is user error. The issue is the headphones never flash red and blue . When turned on they go immediately to flashing pink . From what I have read this is suppose to mean they are factory resetting? Have contacted my dealer and at this point no feedback from Minelab . Have performed factory resets on both the headphones and detector and still the headphones flash pink. If anyone has any ideas It would be greatly appreciated
My Manticore headphone's light is blue on a single press. In order to get them to flash blue/red (parring), you have to turn them off then press and keep your finger pressed on the button for maybe 20 seconds then they start parring. I have never seen a pink flashing light. Hope this helps. One other thought is to initiate a factory reset (however you do that). Maybe they will kick over. Otherwise I'd say they are not working right for sure.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Manticore headphone's light is blue on a single press. In order to get them to flash blue/red (parring), you have to turn them off then press and keep your finger pressed on the button for maybe 20 seconds then they start parring. I have never seen a pink flashing light. Hope this helps. One other thought is to initiate a factory reset (however you do that). Maybe they will kick over. Otherwise I'd say they are not working right for sure.
Great Post Robin. What part of Michigan ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread