New Notka makro machine coming summer of 2021, compete with minelab 800 awesome news

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look folks I know there are a few other manufacturers out there, I operated most whites, Garrett, equinox to name a few. My point is I get excited because notka wasn’t to some a laughing stock in the metal detectors industry but since they combined with makro there are the real deal. I want everyone to use what they want and afford yes afford that’s more important. But some of you already heard this minelab 800 will have competition now and that’s a good thing. Time will tell, look I don’t have money like some there’s no need to have 5 machines unless you can afford. But I’m certainly going to consider this machine before minelab 800, anyone no about the configurations, happy Easter and great finds my friends

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Said Indeed..I’m on the sidelines waiting .hoping to seeing new technology soon

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stick with my Equinox 800 for now, I'm very happy with it. If and when I ever need to replace it, I'll see what's out there.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s always about performance and each person price range no doubt, I’ve been detecting long time in between jobs etc, I own the whites dfx machine very good in it’s time, currently own the notka makro simplex machine simply wonderful for 250.00 dollars unmatched at that price point and a few upgrades where added but I think that’s the end for that because of this new machine that I want to see the actual configurations it’s suppose to compete with minelab 800, time will tell but folks they are the real deal like it or not, thankyou

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been waiting for a long time. To be honest, I'll believe it when I see it. At least put out a name and expected date if it's really only a couple months away.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well new products always anxious, however dilek spokeswoman said this summer which can be June or July, I want to see also I’m expecting a good machine, the lower shaft is carbon fiber, multiple frequencies, single also, same housing as simplex which is great so there from the horses mouth if anyone knows step up and tell us

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, according to the lady herself, runs single and multi frequencies, waterproof, carbon fiber lower shaft, replaceable battery, she said it to compete with minelab equinox 800, not do deus because it’s not even water proof and needs multiple charges for unit, coil etc, so listen up next 2 or 3 months

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher aqua manta.....pure fantasy. Still not on the fisher labs website. What was the other fantasy detector? Cygnus X1 or something...pure fantasy.... single multi frequency is NOT the same as simultaneous multi frequency. The new(ish) garret apex was supposed to be competition for the vanquish but seems to have had a kind of luke warm reception.
Lets just wait for it to arrive. would be amazing if they could make something MF, waterproof and affordable.

chub

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the limitations that these manufactures are faced with (such as power output) I wouldn’t expect too much from any of the newer machines entering the market. Looking back on things there really hasn’t been any significant breakthroughs since Minelab introduced their Sovereign series of machines, everything else being built from that same technology.

What I would like to see them start focusing on is build quality, something a guy can carry into the surf and underbrush without worries of leakage and the mounting tabs breaking on their coils, etc., etc. Seems the industry has latched onto that gentler throw-away mentality. Take the Nox, per example, nice on the inside but built like a toy.

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
I have worked with various and very high-end machines. I am by no means an expert, but the notka makro simplex is an AMAZING detector given the price, features, ease of use and all around quality and ability to upgrade software via download etc. I am VERY pleased with this machine and for the price, really can't beat it. My other go to was the AT Pro which is great, but I gotta be honest, having used both, I prefer my Notka hands down.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She said it would be more around the 800 maybe a little lower, have to wait I guess

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody says that, the point is if the simplex is an example what this company can offer well the lady stated there bringing there new machine to compete with the 800, minela has water problems, discrimination issues for a higher price machine. So yes we will see but minelab can improve also, Garrett, a mid level at best,

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Mostly no one says it, but many people silently wish for Minelab to be knocked down a peg or two. The Equinox series was a swift kick to the nuts for single frequency VLF detector manufacturers. The impact must have been pretty great since the other manufacturers are scrambling to come out with a SMF detector to compete with the Equinox and Vanquish series of detectors. I wouldn't be surprised to see Minelab drop a new release not long after Notka releases their new offering. Competition is good. But like I said we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s all about competition, I’m not loyal to brands, I get what works and affordable, these machine are all made in other countries so be it. Minelab is good nobody’s deny that, but tell you what let’s wait and see this new machine and perform but what she said so far, so far it should be good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread