New permission

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out with two buddy’s after doing a presentation at the historical society last night. Anyway, we bumped into a guy who owns a 120 acre farm on the opposite hill from the 1700’s tavern site we’ve been hitting the last few years. Anyway, they moved a lot of dirt around, finds were few and far between, even clad was elusive. I did manage a shoe buckle, a tombac button and a sterling spoon with the owner initial (K). My buddy’s got a thin gold wedding band, complete knee buckle, pocket knives and a bunch of buttons not shown

Attachments

• F8DCC127-353D-46E4-8DA6-99645AEE0C28.jpeg
    F8DCC127-353D-46E4-8DA6-99645AEE0C28.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 7DB53B32-68CD-40DE-A400-B401AA62DAFA.jpeg
    7DB53B32-68CD-40DE-A400-B401AA62DAFA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
  • 4EA16CA4-71CF-44C7-8B2E-A279A240DE67.jpeg
    4EA16CA4-71CF-44C7-8B2E-A279A240DE67.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
Upvote 26

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with two buddy’s after doing a presentation at the historical society last night. Anyway, we bumped into a guy who owns a 120 acre farm on the opposite hill from the 1700’s tavern site we’ve been hitting the last few years. Anyway, they moved a lot of dirt around, finds were few and far between, even clad was elusive. I did manage a shoe buckle, a tombac button and a sterling spoon with the owner initial (K). My buddy’s got a thin gold wedding band, complete knee buckle, pocket knives and a bunch of buttons not shown
That's alot of ground to cover but there's got to be more out there....it looks daunting....

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a promising site. I hope you get back out there to see what secrets it holds, I'm sure there's plenty! Good luck!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly it looks a good place to detect & you had a great start.

Second, you stated ''presentation at the historical society'' which not only gives back to the community but you never know where it will lead. We do these types of things & often get asked 'how much do we charge?' The answer is always nothing or if they insist we get them to give to their favourite charity. However, on a few occasions we get offered land without asking.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Firstly it looks a good place to detect & you had a great start.

Second, you stated ''presentation at the historical society'' which not only gives back to the community but you never know where it will lead. We do these types of things & often get asked 'how much do we charge?' The answer is always nothing or if they insist we get them to give to their favourite charity. However, on a few occasions we get offered land without asking.
We picked up a few permissions doing this. My buddy has been doing the lions share of the work but the town did a Halloween festival and featured the story of the long forgotten tavern and it’s famous patrons as a focal point. We spent the last two years hunting the spot where it once stood. The historical society thought the tavern was just behind the newer one built in 1806 ( I think) but we proved to them it was several hundred yards away on a hill top and now in the middle of a hayfield. The iron patch is huge and when we detect we just go as slow as we can. We have dug many counterfeit coins including KGII, KGIII’s and Connecticut coppers. Anyway, cool place in a real old New England town.

Attachments

• 76497250-2E41-4FD0-B6A0-167341AB7A2C.jpeg
    76497250-2E41-4FD0-B6A0-167341AB7A2C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We picked up a few permissions doing this. My buddy has been doing the lions share of the work but the town did a Halloween festival and featured the story of the long forgotten tavern and it’s famous patrons as a focal point. We spent the last two years hunting the spot where it once stood. The historical society thought the tavern was just behind the newer one built in 1806 ( I think) but we proved to them it was several hundred yards away on a hill top and now in the middle of a hayfield. The iron patch is huge and when we detect we just go as slow as we can. We have dug many counterfeit coins including KGII, KGIII’s and Connecticut coppers. Anyway, cool place in a real old New England town.
That's a great account about the tavern. I imagine there were left over wood fragments and a ton of nails?

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic looking spot Joe- best of luck when you and your friends cover the rest of it, and BTW- nice finds!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Joe !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread