New Points For My Son - Info Please

CJMVa

May 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!
I recently purchased 6 nice arrowheads to spark my son's interest (in something other than gaming). Purchased from a collector in Dinwiddie County, Va.who says they are paleos which would be great but I would love a 2nd opinion before I give them to my son. If anyone has time, I would be so appreciative. I do know the smallest is a bird point. DSC_0920 (1).JPG DSC_0923 (1).JPG DSC_0923 (1).JPG

I not sure if the photos attached properly! If not, Ill try in a 2nd post
Thank you all!
Carrie

Upvote 0

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone!
I recently purchased 6 nice arrowheads to spark my son's interest (in something other than gaming). Purchased from a collector in Dinwiddie County, Va.who says they are paleos which would be great but I would love a 2nd opinion before I give them to my son. If anyone has time, I would be so appreciative. I do know the smallest is a bird point. View attachment 1928416 View attachment 1928417 View attachment 1928417

Thank you all!
Carrie

Put a coin or ruler in your pics for a size reference so we all can see how big/small your pieces actually are. Start a new thread next so newnan man dosen't feel Hi-Jacked as they say but we'll forgive you this time because you are new! So, now that the scolding is over (:laughing7:), I'd say they're authentic Archaic to Woodland pieces rather than Paleo. Drop the hammer on the gaming equipment and keep posting. Welcome Carrie.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Put a coin or ruler in your pics for a size reference so we all can see how big/small your pieces actually are. Start a new thread next so newnan man dosen't feel Hi-Jacked as they say but we'll forgive you this time because you are new! So, now that the scolding is over (:laughing7:), I'd say they're authentic Archaic to Woodland pieces rather than Paleo. Drop the hammer on the gaming equipment and keep posting. Welcome Carrie.

Thanks TDog. I'm happy she posted & her points I think are the real deal.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone!
I recently purchased 6 nice arrowheads to spark my son's interest (in something other than gaming). Purchased from a collector in Dinwiddie County, Va.who says they are paleos which would be great but I would love a 2nd opinion before I give them to my son. If anyone has time, I would be so appreciative. I do know the smallest is a bird point. View attachment 1928416 View attachment 1928417 View attachment 1928417

Thank you all!
Carrie

I don't think they are Paleo, they do look authentic. Post them on a new thread & you'll get more looks. Welcome

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CJMVA, hello and welcome to TreasureNet. I moved your posts to a new thread for you so dont worry about having to move them yourself. Points do look authentic, what we call field grade points..

Quartzite Keith

Dec 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

Thank you all!
Carrie

As others have said, those are all good. All are quartzite except the white quartz triangle. Look to be Mid Archaic to Early Woodland in age. If you want to try to put names to them work your way through this list:
https://www.dhr.virginia.gov/points/

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Although I can't help with the ID, I hope that your son appreciates those points, and it does spark a new interest for him. Getting them outdoors away from the TV and games, is more of what the youngsters in this country need. Good luck and I applaud you !

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Total agreement on an internet forum... rare event. I agree though, they are authentic points from 1000 to 4000 years old. Welcome

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. First good idea with your son. The points are originals. The material is what we call sugar quartz up here, not too far from you. Very common in our part of the country. I can't see the little one so much so it's probably white quartz. The little white one is a woodland triangle, and the others are older, archaic stemmed points.

outlaws15

Jul 1, 2020
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing adena on the 2 middle ones which would fit in on what the people who know and have forgotten more then ill ever know have stated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread