New Prospector

reformed

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2004
Hello All,

My daughter and I went to north GA this past weekend and did a little prospecting for the first time at a group from Choo Choo Dive Center in Chattanooga. We had a great time and she found some small nuggets. I put them in a vial of syn. ethynol for her. We will be buying a pan kit soon! I just stumbled upon this site today at work and it is great to see the helpfullness that you all have shown to the "new kids on the block" in this great hobby. I must admit that I am hooked. I have done a little panning before at some property my in-laws owned in Blairsville, GA, but I didn't know where to look. Thanks to the help of the GPAA, and this site, I now know where to look. We live close to the Polk County line in TN, are there any areas that you all could point us to that may be productive for us newbies? I have read that the Ocoee and Hiwasee rivers and their tributaries are good areas to prospect. I have also read that the Tellico River is a productive area. Anyway we have the bug! Any help would provide useful.

Thanks,
reformed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

reformed

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2004
:) Finally received my package from the GPAA? I may be visiting some of the local sites very soon, as there are some very close to CLeveland, TN. I may visit the Coker Creek site first weather permitting this Saturday. Anyone else going that way? HH

reformed

Z

zeuss69

Glad to have you aboard!!I'm a dredger and pannier myself do most of my mining in N.C. and S.C. Theres a lot of excellent places here to hunt some of which are in your mining guide!!If you all would like to travel out this direction N.C. let me know and we will find some gold !!!!!!Some of the places have cabins and hot showers or you could do RV or camp i usually camp but some very good gold here.
Good luck and may your pan be full of yellow!and don't forget gold is where you find it but not always where you look!!!But you cant find it if you don't look for it!!Have a great day..

ZEUSS69(Ken Rorer) Statesville N.C.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Zeuss69, I tried to send you a p.m. earlier, but your box is full.
xXx

OP
OP
R

reformed

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2004
:( Work has had me in KY working on and off lately. When I am home, the weather is terrible. I will be starting up again in the spring, hopefully. I think I am going to buy a Whites metal detector to expand my ability to find nuggets and coins. Well, until spring, happy hunting to all!

reformed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread