New Random Field - Day 5 - 2 Hammered...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carried on gridding the lower section of the field, even with the Roman Gold last time, our realistic aim was the normal 1 hammered for the day. I got that just on the last run before lunch. (Scottish hammered)
I got the second hammered as well, so that's the last 5 silver coins in a row, so Cru'dad must be saving up for a good one....
The recent rain had only helped a little as the clay has been drying out & is pretty tough to dig. Especially as we are both getting deep finds.
5 hours:

17th C Button
Tudor Button
7th Reg Of Foot (Officer's I think, but put in the what is it), now IDed 1800-1835:
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/need-help-with-2-buttons.670944/
Plus an unusual button also in the what is it - Union Flag with motto - Regi Regnoque Fidelis - faithful to king and kingdom
Nice 17/18th C tinned flower decor for a box? (just a single nail in centre, like a very big tack)
Lead Bag/Bale Seal
17th C Spur Buckle
2 1806/07 Pennies
Alexander III Scottish Penny circa 1280s
Richard II Halfpenny circa 1380s

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 23
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That scottish penny looks nice. Very well cut punch for that one.
You got both parts of the broken buckle..... :headbang:
It's not quite as nice as the same type one I got in another field from this farm. Odd as they are nearly a mile apart & a type we don't see very often;
So it means I can give this one to the farmer.
Cru'dad got the 2 buckle bits.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not quite as nice as the same type one I got in another field from this farm. Odd as they are nearly a mile apart & a type we don't see very often;
So it means I can give this one to the farmer.
Cru'dad got the 2 buckle bits.
Yeap, the other one is better. Still one of the nicer specimen.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carried on gridding the lower section of the field, even with the Roman Gold last time, our realistic aim was the normal 1 hammered for the day. I got that just on the last run before lunch. (Scottish hammered)
I got the second hammered as well, so that's the last 5 silver coins in a row, so Cru'dad must be saving up for a good one....
The recent rain had only helped a little as the clay has been drying out & is pretty tough to dig. Especially as we are both getting deep finds.
5 hours:

17th C Button
Tudor Button
7th Reg Of Foot (Officer's I think, but put in the what is it):
Plus an unusual button also in the what is it - Union Flag with motto - Regi Regnoque Fidelis - faithful to king and kingdom
Nice 17/18th C tinned flower decor for a box? (just a single nail in centre, like a very big tack)
Lead Bag/Bale Seal
17th C Spur Buckle
2 1806/07 Pennies

View attachment 2025309 View attachment 2025310 View attachment 2025311 View attachment 2025312 View attachment 2025313 View attachment 2025314 View attachment 2025315 View attachment 2025316
Awesome Hunt again!!!! Congrats!!!!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, the other one is better. Still one of the nicer specimen.
Oh yeap, if kept it, it would be my second best, but a good one to give them.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, I really like that clover lock escutcheon. Congrats!
Its for a padlock, funny thing is a new detectorist I'm helping out showed me one a week or so ago & I said that interesting, not had that type. Well I have now.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
5 hours:

17th C Button
Tudor Button
7th Reg Of Foot (Officer's I think, but put in the what is it), now IDed 1800-1835:
Lead Bag/Bale Seal
17th C Spur Buckle
2 1806/07 Pennies

View attachment 2025309 View attachment 2025310 View attachment 2025311 View attachment 2025312 View attachment 2025313 View attachment 2025314 View attachment 2025315 View attachment 2025316
Love your finds. That Scottish penny is awesome!! Congratulations

Garypederson

Aug 4, 2020
Payson, Az, Avila beach, Ca, Naples, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug & Whites Spectra 3vi & Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crusader. Reviewed the upcoming tournaments. The best one for my partner and I is the British Open Grass Court Championships the last week of August, Again not the best time to hunt fields, but its the latest we can do. Its in Eastbourne on South Coast so my inquiry to you would be “ Any areas or historic sites within a 35 mile radius of that City that you might direct us to”. . Thanks Gary

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader. Reviewed the upcoming tournaments. The best one for my partner and I is the British Open Grass Court Championships the last week of August, Again not the best time to hunt fields, but its the latest we can do. Its in Eastbourne on South Coast so my inquiry to you would be “ Any areas or historic sites within a 35 mile radius of that City that you might direct us to”. . Thanks Gary
Sorry, I had missed this question until now but you should have my PM response.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don’t see many Scottish pennies posted here
Interesting one for sure