new show on the dutchman

golden_dust13

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
West Palm Beach FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am a newbie to this site and the ldm mine, but after reading all the post bout the bat cave and hearing it was a bat dropping mine site, and now after watching the newest episode I really would like to know if that cross was really in the same cave or is it in some other cave and just made to look like it was in the same cave?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy the show-entertaining, just entertaining, but please, if there is a season 2, leave Woody at home. The guy is scared of his own shadow. It's gotten very annoying. Just let him stay home and watch on tv. I have to mute the sound when hes on camera. I just can't listen to him and his "bad feelings" about every little thing. I don't get how the other guys have put up with him. Otherwise the show has been ok.

You know all reality shows has to have at least 1 crybaby, it ads to the drama so they say!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering...who built the ladder?

The prop crew probably!

Evidently from the showing of it in the first episode I figured with a brief shot of whomever was on the ladder it could not have been too old as most likely it would have fallen apart with the weight. My guess would be it was placed there within the last year maybe 2 years at the most. I don't know because I didn't watch tonight's episode!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy the show-entertaining, just entertaining, but please, if there is a season 2, leave Woody at home. The guy is scared of his own shadow. It's gotten very annoying. Just let him stay home and watch on tv. I have to mute the sound when hes on camera. I just can't listen to him and his "bad feelings" about every little thing. I don't get how the other guys have put up with him. Otherwise the show has been ok.

Considering how badly Woody wanted to go, it really makes no sense why he is crying he's scared.
I agree next time leave him home.

Excellent show. Only real complaint was the loss of contact :tongue3:
My guess that was planned for drama before they even left the
morning meeting :laughing7: & the ladder looked fairly new .
reenactment Ladder ? or Bat Biologists ladder ?

I'm also wondering if they had to turn the camera sideways to make the ladder look straight up :laughing7:

I know you's can't give it away but that is my guess.

So who is gonna die in the next few months trying to get there before you's get back ?

my guess there are probably a few trips planned :laughing7:

Night opps anyone ?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH & someone pull that wire !!!! I wanna know if it releses a trap door to the Lost Dutchmen mine :laughing7:

and I'm glad I was wrong on the Cross :thumbsup:

Hammer & Chisel next time Men :thumbsup:

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi I am a newbie to this site and the ldm mine, but after reading all the post bout the bat cave and hearing it was a bat dropping mine site, and now after watching the newest episode I really would like to know if that cross was really in the same cave or is it in some other cave and just made to look like it was in the same cave?

That cross is a prop planted in another cave on ground level, and it's very easy to tell because when Eric goes in that cave there's suddenly no bats, not even one guano dropping on the ground.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The prop crew probably!

Evidently from the showing of it in the first episode I figured with a brief shot of whomever was on the ladder it could not have been too old as most likely it would have fallen apart with the weight. My guess would be it was placed there within the last year maybe 2 years at the most. I don't know because I didn't watch tonight's episode!

Hman2,

Believe that ladder has been there for a number of years. I have pictures somewhere.......:dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Bring seasoning !

Lots of Seasoning ! Old Meat
Damn it Jeff, I just spilled my hot tea reading that. I know it's sick, but I always wonder about that when I see a group of people walking into wild. Seven wasted years as a vegan only aggravated the condition.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That ladder, like Joe said, has been around for a long time.

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Left by someone that extracted a treasure? If the cross if from the 18th century, the ladders mustn't be

bearcat6

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie here and you guys know a lot more about this story than I do. Although I've been reading about the dutchman for years. I do enjoy armchair treasure hunting. I'm too old and busted up to be crawling around the mountains anymore. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in the 1950s and we did a lot of exploring of old mines in the Tombstone area along the old Charleston road when it was dirt and no snowbirds. We also spent quite a bit of time in the Dragoon mountains. I enjoy seeing the scenery in this TV show so it's kind of fun for me. I don't expect anything Earth shattering to happen. I was in Tombstone a couple of years ago and was disappointed to see they had made a theme park out of it.

mpwuzhere

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So....this whole "no fly zone" thing. I used to waterski at Roosevelt quite often. Loved watching the fighter jets doing mock dogfights right over where all this is getting filmed. Since when is it a no fly zone? Maybe for civilian...but some of the most awesome sights with military aircraft was in that area. Saw a B1 bomber flying through the canyons below the highway on our way back from skiing up at Sunrise..

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the way the show started off near the se heavily mineralized area of the range but the way they were bouncing all over the place for the rest of the episodes drove me nuts..

If I were to hunt for the Dutchman that's where I would start and keep it focused on the area...I have spent years researching the old mining maps and the geology of the mineralized zones..besides if it turns out to be in the wilderness area nothing you can legally do about it anyways even if you do find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread