New site?...with different clue versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. But I never heard or read of their versions of clues....so I thought I'd ask the community.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of them either, or their own version of clues. Doesn't look like the site is garnering much attention, with only one post in their comments sections so far since late last year.

ORO18

Aug 17, 2017
everywhere/Phoenix AZ.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT w blue coil, minelab...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is an account or version that talks about waltz (taking gold From the Shrine at the home of the thunder god’s 6CD6A72E-30A6-4438-8C86-95A26FAECBE1.jpeg mountain) Dosent say specificly His mine was there.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you ORO18, that's an obscure one but it is out there ( several places) with enough research. What a great site this is for information with great posters like Greg, Frank, Wayne, Joe R, a walking library of great LDM history both recorded and unrecorded. It is too bad Salvador is so non-high tech (old school) talk about a wealth of knowledge. He is the real deal and a nice man also. I was lucky enough to sit with him a couple of years ago and talk about the Supers.
I would like to comment on a few subjects. The first is our site. After reading the thread topic I spoke with our team and we have decided to go ahead and display some current posts. If you do a generic search for the "Lost Dutchman Gold Mine", you will see that we are between 1 and 5 on the first page. on the same page if you open images we have 9 images showing and two of our photos have been on the first line the #1 and # 5 on Googles hierarchy, it does not get much better than that.
As far as our site I start it with newbies in mind too much of the Dutchman loses folks straightaway - they say it is all over the place it is goofy and no wonder they cannot find it, it is a homeboy thing and does not exist. So my challenge was not to do the "Sherwin Willams" thing. Hopefully, they could get a follow-along overview, get hooked, go to Treasure net, and start to learn about the beautiful complex history of Arizona and the Superstition Mountains. On our site, I talk about the Mexican massacre and about the two Peralta brothers escaping (Pedro and Ramon), I do not mention their cousin Gonzales and all the information along who did what why and when( to close to the trees to see the forest), all that can be hashed out later, the goal was the newbie for the first few pages, then more in-depth going forward.
As far as versions of clues, we are describing not what we have read but what is physically present first hand, our observation of what we are seeing first hand. Thank you. Jeff

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't put much stock into how google displays the results shown on your own computer, or that of anyone who has recently searched this topic.
They and most other search engines now return results which are based on previous searches done and keywords entered by yourself or others with access to your computer, as well as your router, and even other devices on that router in some cases. This means that same or similar websites will generally appear within the first couple of pages of results, depending on what else you have searched for recently.
I tried to access your site on one of the computers at work today, in order to show a colleague of mine some of what your group had posted. We didn't have a lot of time, but did go through about 15 pages of google results for "Lost Dutchman Gold Mine" without seeing your website on any of those pages. I did try "Arcana Exploration" as well, but there was nothing linked to you which popped up with that search either.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Wayne for that info, early on with Our site I ask Randy about hitting on your our own site to move it up he said not to due because Google has caught on and will penalize and take you to the bottom of the pecking order, I researched that and it is true. Also, I do not know why your computer work would not pick it up, but I have had some people I meet out that I have had no previous contact with, I tell them to google it on their phone while I am standing there with and it comes up on the first page and I point it out so they can read it and follow post latter. Besides, we get the analytics and I would think do not lie. Before this thread, we had hits from all fifty states and the growth has been fantastic, so I am sorry you could not get on but other folks are. I am talking to the guys about whether to show all the comments and my replies or not early on we wanted to keep that to our selves, but we may. Wayne a while back on one either this or the Desert site ( it may have been a very old post) you were posting back about (i do not want to miss quote you) a fellow Dutch Hunter who was a really intelligent guy, but kind of out there sometimes maybe sort off eccentric a little off the wall, and he had said he found a canyon with Aztec stuff in it. I believe he was no longer alive at the time of the post. Who was he what was his story? At the time I did not put in my notes, I did not think much about at the time. As it turns out he might have been telling the truth. Does anyone out there remember a Dutch Hunter who might have fit that bill or that long ago post? Thanks. Jeff.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a 2 day old article from "WIRED" about the pervasive nature of Google's infometrics and how it affects what will show up in the results of a search, including those using addons such as firefox,opera,safari etc.
https://www.wired.com/story/google-tracks-you-privacy/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The reason your site didn't show up on the computer at work was likely because no one using that unit, located within the engineering dept., had recently or even ever "googled" "Lost Dutchman Gold Mine" from any device connected to that division's server. Therefore Google returned links to pages selected by numbers of hits overall. Years ago, we had a poster (John V.Kemm + a couple of other aliases) who even managed to alter the Wikipedia website, so that his own claims to the "Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Found" were prominently featured to searchers seeking info on the LDM. No doubt the analytics showed millions of hits worldwide for that one in a fairly short timeline, as he once said they did. Unfortunately, despite the best efforts by software developers to stay one step ahead of factors which affect hit counts, AND with hit counts being so important to profitable advertising revenues, crawlers, bots and spiders will also continue to skew what could be otherwise accurate counts and other indicators of interest.
And BTW, I find site admins who "hide" comments to be far from credible IMO.

I believe the poster you are referring to was merely another "I FOUND IT" who could only present a Google Earth crop in support of his claim to having located the Aztec point of departure for their migration to the Valley of Mexico. Unfortunately is theory also lacked a basic understanding of Aztec symbology regarding those years and places where they paused during the journey as recorded in the available codices. I guess he lost interest at some point. Happens a lot around here.

I have viewed your website, your theories re: the clues, and your photos, so you can count a few of those hits as mine..... but might hold off on commenting on any of that for a bit.
I had no problem finding it via google at home, since I usually visit a number of LDM related sites on a daily basis thru the use of permalinks.

Last edited:

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Wayne thanks for that info. It is funny how that stuff works we originally listed on Google search " Finally Lost Dutchman Found" but on some of the searches, it picks up as
'clues lost Dutchman. that is interesting because our header across the top of our sites list clues, clues 2 more clues and it has picked some of those and listed us that starting with clue page and then opening up to that. as far as the guy that said he found a canyon with Aztec stuff I do not think he was just a poster, I think you knew him or who he was? I will try to see if it is in my notes if I find it I will post. (most likely the second house for departure, right). But might hold off on commenting on any of that (clues?) for a bit? reason? Thanks, Jeff.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's where "keywords" come into play, where a search engine gives results ( often including pages with some words in a keyword string listed as "missing" ) based on what you have entered in the search box. As a result, hit counts do not necessarily reflect active interest in a particular website, but rather the number of referrals to pages which contain the same keywords that people (and bots etc.) have "clicked to view".
Could be you are thinking of "the Blind Bowman". He was one who attempted to link the LDM with just about anything and everything which he was sure he had found out there.....mostly without actually setting foot on that terrain in person.
I'm not sure what you mean by "second house", but my own research suggests the Chichimec were for a time, inhabitants of the Phoenix Basin. Not Hohokam, but rather one of the many groups of migrant refugees who joined in and exploited the Hohokam presence and infrastructure that was already there at the time. I don't think they fit in very well, but they left behind a wealth of distinctly unique pottery shards and lithics, as well as the ruins of as many as nine great houses at the site of their settlement ( more than any other) for current analysis to indicate a people and previous place of origin to the north of Phoenix. In turn, that settlement, according to recent excavations and study, shows links to a migration from Chaco Canyon.
I'm holding off,at least for now,and likely for the same reason others may as well. Good evidence....as in clear photos of gold ore samples which at the least, look very close to what we all have seen from Waltz's candlebox. You will also need photos of the ore in situ, prior to having taken those same samples, in order to achieve any credible recognition for your claims from others who have spent far more time at this IMO.

Last edited:

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Wayne Thanks for the tech information, very helpful. Blind Bowman, that sounds right. Did he ever get out and actually climb tuff places was he capable. You did say in the old post i8f it is the same guy, that he was really smart, but really out there. Did you know him? Was he ever capable of the climbing, really severe area's, maybe when he was younger he was out there more? Any other comments you could share about him.
Wayne, I talk on our site about one of the Dutchman books I read. At the end of the book, the author made a great comment about finding mine. The gest of his ending commentary was that if you find the Lost Dutchman, there will not be a sign posted that says " congratulations you have found the Lost Dutchman's gold mine. When someone finds it there will be lots of physical entities present that will link to the most accepted and credible features that will be present. You know what those all are. He made the comment that after you find the LDM all the pieces will fit, we have all that plus more, but talk is cheap I understand I have been reading these Dutchman Threads for over five years now, so going forward I try to be respectful to everyone. Hell, I have been typing for 2 hours and lost almost all of it dammit!!! Later if I can find it, Jeff.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the previous post I am highly Dyslexic, somedays when I get up I actually see things backward and will write and reads words in reverse, the point takes me forever to write something and when I lost the post-it was a bummer. Maybe it was a good thing. anyways just a couple of quick things. First off is our team of guys, they all solid and the greatest bunch of guys you would ever meet. They have sacrificed a lot to make these trips to Arizona. They have given up income, family vacation with families, work pay time, future retirement income pay earned, and a whole host of other things to make these trips. They are not dreamers, they do not believe in bigfoot. When I approached them 4 years ago, not one of them knew much about the lost Dutchman history. When I first approached them about going to the Supers, they let me know they were skeptical but would go. After the second trip and we were able to find a way up and we found and documented things that are up there. Let me just say this, the amount of physical stuff up there that relates to historical accounts of the place is remarkable. all the people that have made fun of the Dutch Hunters are going to have egg on their faces. As for the Peralta Stones, I do not know he made them but I can tell you the information on the stones is the real deal authentic.
Another thing some of Wayne's comments about the information on the Stones and their meaning as it turns out is kinda crystal ball accurate. I will not comment on which comments, I will just say he said a few things about the Stones I had not heard anywhere else, and he is correct.
I know that a lot of Dutch Hunters think of us as carpetbaggers because we are from Ohio, sorry we cannot help that fact. Hell 3 of the guys are talking to their wives about moving to Messa when they retire. Try to think of us fellow Dutch Hunters, who when we pull our pickups into the garage our driveways are a little longer than all of yours. Jeff.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Wayne Thanks for the tech information, very helpful. Blind Bowman, that sounds right. Did he ever get out and actually climb tuff places was he capable. You did say in the old post i8f it is the same guy, that he was really smart, but really out there. Did you know him? Was he ever capable of the climbing, really severe area's, maybe when he was younger he was out there more? Any other comments you could share about him.
Wayne, I talk on our site about one of the Dutchman books I read. At the end of the book, the author made a great comment about finding mine. The gest of his ending commentary was that if you find the Lost Dutchman, there will not be a sign posted that says " congratulations you have found the Lost Dutchman's gold mine. When someone finds it there will be lots of physical entities present that will link to the most accepted and credible features that will be present. You know what those all are. He made the comment that after you find the LDM all the pieces will fit, we have all that plus more, but talk is cheap I understand I have been reading these Dutchman Threads for over five years now, so going forward I try to be respectful to everyone. Hell, I have been typing for 2 hours and lost almost all of it dammit!!! Later if I can find it, Jeff.

BB did eventually show up at the October Rendezvous a few years ago, but I wasn't there that Saturday, so missed the chance to meet him.
According to those who were, he and his brother made a short hike out the Peralta Trail and after returning with a report of finding nothing which met his expectations, departed the gathering. He stopped posting on this website soon after that.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
BB did eventually show up at the October Rendezvous a few years ago, but I wasn't there that Saturday, so missed the chance to meet him.
According to those who were, he and his brother made a short hike out the Peralta Trail and after returning with a report of finding nothing which met his expectations, departed the gathering. He stopped posting on this website soon after that.

And this site lost a legendary fabricator, a contriving storyteller of the first degree. Many have tried but none shall equal him in sheer skill and talent when it comes to concocting.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this site lost a legendary fabricator, a contriving storyteller of the first degree. Many have tried but none shall equal him in sheer skill and talent when it comes to concocting.
thank

Thank you Deducer you post I have seen a lot of your post and they are always solid as are Wayne's, so I would think your thoughts on him are valid. Wayne that is interesting I had he impression he was dead, I have to leave here in a few minutes, but I post later tonight I had just a couple of Questions about him and then move on. As always great guys, wish I lived in Mesa. Thanks Jeff.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I enjoyed reading your new site. Good story and pics

Thank you, Lunatic, for the kind words glad you are enjoying it. Check next week we will be sharing the best entities so far. The next couple post should raise some eyebrows. The most conclusive information I will have to hold until after our next trip, that is not an excuse, it necessary for security reasons, that being said the things we will be sharing will be plenty good I assure you. Thanks Jeff.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you recall where you found this version? Thanks in advance,

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Oro

I believe is about the clue which says Waltz buried two of his caches close to the house ruin, which later took them out and left the third bigger cache in the mine across the ravine from the house ruin.
The only mention the two rooms house ruin to be a church, was written by me in different threads along the Waltz and stone maps topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread