New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldnewjerseygirl and I set out for a couple new spots, I found a completely roached out coin(I think) at first spot then at the second spot, fourth target a what looks like a old coin comes out of ground.
IMG_20131117_153044.jpg IMG_20131117_153057.jpg

So I text the pix to my buddy who says "don't hold me to it, looks like a 1837 half cent token" check out the link
1837 Half Cent Token

So I'm pretty excited, I go on, pull a few stinking Lincolns, go to dig a 82 hit and out pops this button. Now at first it was covered in rich top soil, but a gleam of gold shines through. After clean up, here are the pix.
SAM_0044.JPG SAM_0045.JPG SAM_0046.JPG

Then my next target come out of ground, here is a pic then a link about it
SAM_0047.JPG
Purity Body Flavor

It was a couple hour hunt, I'll be back tomorrow to see what I can find.
Thanks for looking, HH
Brad

Whoops, forgot, the 1837 coin, when I get home I seen some silver shining through, so very gently I use a toothpic and end up cleaning what looks to be a modern token, here are the pix.
SAM_0043.JPG SAM_0042.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a generic arcade token. probably less than 20 years old

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The purity body flavor is the Ballantine Beer logo. Found one myself. Never thought I would see another!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

The Boots

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what's so exciting about detecting, you never know what you are going to find. Nice button.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds. Think that area is worth another look see!
That token was the second target of a golf course that Becky and I procured sole permission to hunt. I have been back a half dozen times, Becky found a War nickle, and between the two of us we found two wheats. The property has an additional 60 acres that I have been hitting every now and again. Weather and "life problems" have slowed down allot of my hunting. So far the other land has almost ZERO targets, woods/swamp/agricultural fields, There is a time issue where I have to "rule out areas" The spots on the course where we found the other stuff, I will be back.

very kewl.. I would hit that spot again
"I'll be back"

Sorry that coins got me stumped..:icon_scratch:
That's because it's a token, not a coin.

looks like you both found tokens
USA Tokens Eagle No Cash Value Game Token | eBay
Token Written Above American Eagle with Shield Circled in Stars | eBay

This one had me stumped also, until I re-read the post and discovered that this is not both sides of one token, but actually the front side of 2 different tokens ... one token first hunt first hole.. second token 2nd hunt 4th hole
These links are not the token I found, the first pic is one side of the only token, the last two pix are the obverse and reverse of the same token that I had cleaned with a toothpick. Sorry about the confusion of my thread, I didn't explain right that at first I thought it was a coin, then after toothpicking it I found out it was a worthless new token.

That's what's so exciting about detecting, you never know what you are going to find. Nice button.
Thanks, the button is very modern, 1900's Same with the token, I bet that token might not even date back to the 60's

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can find some awesome things on a golf coarse. You would not believe the value of some of the things people use for ball markers that I have seen while playing.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wide variety of nice finds. I would have been ecstatic to see that token in the dirt. Would fool most people at first! Nice post.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find some awesome things on a golf coarse. You would not believe the value of some of the things people use for ball markers that I have seen while playing.
I was doing a different course and had allot of eclectic finds earlier in the summer. That was kind of a letdown, comparing this course with the other one. I really believe that in the last forty years this course we got permission to do was already hit HARD by others. The ages of both courses were very close and I met someone on the other that told me him and his buddy got in to do that one when nobody had EVER done it. The stories he told me, along with what I found in about ten hunts made me think the course Becky and I got to do was going to be spectacular. I still have not gave up by a long shot, I plan on spending allot of time there, I have just been working on getting permission to do some other things and there is allot of legwork knocking on doors and talking to people. I'm going tomorrow to get permission for another angle that should work out nice, keep your fingers crossed

Wide variety of nice finds. I would have been ecstatic to see that token in the dirt. Would fool most people at first! Nice post.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
The owner was with us when I pulled that out of the ground, I was talking and showing her how the detector worked. When I first seen that token with all the dirt on it, it looked like a large copper, it was so exciting, I have shared everything with the owners, writing and posting pix in e-mails. That has made it allot of fun, they are very nice people, and I hope to find them what they are looking for (golf course relics) She later that night explained in a e-mail about how much fun it was to see me so excited, lol. You have to love this hobby, everyday is Christmas!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread