New Spot was Loaded with old coins and relics. 2 centimes from Belgium stuck to 4 little coins. 1 reale. Silver cross. 1st shield nickel.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Due to the heat and hard as a rock ground I've only be able to stand 2 to 3 hours at a time here. Fill over old dirt and everything is 4 to 8 inches down.

No id on two of the coppers. One is likely a half cent half penny given size. Other 2 are an 1838 matron and a Belgum 2 cent coin with 4 little coins stuck to it. No date on the Belgum coin because lion crest is reverse and date is on other side. It's not older than 1833 when they started using this design but it continued up to 20th century. Think the other coins are little silvers. Unfortunately in awful condition. Edges are not readed so not us coins. Tried wet sand paper to get some crust off but just shows me the top one looks silver and no details. Top coin is a touch over 20mm.

The little flower button still has some fabric in the shank!

My first shield Nickel. 1868 I think? Or it's a 6. Unfortunately reverse is toasted and I can't tell if it has stars and bars.

Silver is a 178_ carlous III one reale. Well used.

Silver cross I think I broke chipping out the concrete ground. I like it and might get it fixed. Item above I think is a lock slide?

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_112905_489.jpg
    IMG_20220731_112905_489.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 20220731_001914.jpg
    20220731_001914.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220731_000626.jpg
    20220731_000626.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 19

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul there! Love your finds! Thanks for showing. You might try soaking your stuck coins in olive oil for a few days to a week. They possibly could of been in a fire, & may never separate.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Due to the heat and hard as a rock ground I've only be able to stand 2 to 3 hours at a time here. Fill over old dirt and everything is 4 to 8 inches down.

No id on two of the coppers. One is likely a half cent half penny given size. Other 2 are an 1838 matron and a Belgum 2 cent coin with 4 little coins stuck to it. No date on the Belgum coin because lion crest is reverse and date is on other side. It's not older than 1833 when they started using this design but it continued up to 20th century. Think the other coins are little silvers. Unfortunately in awful condition. Edges are not readed so not us coins. Tried wet sand paper to get some crust off but just shows me the top one looks silver and no details. Top coin is a touch over 20mm.

My first shield Nickel. 1868 I think? Or it's a 6. Unfortunately reverse is toasted and I can't tell if it has stars and bars.

Silver cross I think I broke chipping out the concrete ground. I like it and might get it fixed. Item above I think is a lock slide?
way cool, great bunch of saves, love that silver.........

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread