New to detecting and having some beginners luck!!

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
385B5240-ABB2-4C0E-8881-EF3A4F604811.jpeg
5FB91FA0-2D80-4628-879A-66A2451AFBBD.jpeg
So…. I usually don’t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased a Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
Anyway, after speaking to a close friend, he tells me that a house on his parents property was built in 1795 and that I should hunt it. Wasn’t going to argue. So today after work I spent about two hours hunting and didnt even make a dent in the area that needs covered. Found a few wheats
And my 2nd and 3rd silvers.
1918 merc and a 1837 seated liberty.
I also found the key and the button.
The button has some writing on the back and appears to read “orange coloxx gilt”. Can’t quite make all of it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 34

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027730 View attachment 2027731 So…. I usually don’t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased an Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
Anyway, after speaking to a close friend, he tells me that a house on his parents property was built in 1795 and that I should hunt it. Wasn’t going to argue. So today after work I spent about two hours hunting and didnt even make a dent in the area that needs covered. Found a few wheats
More power to ya!

Coinstar magnet

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027730 View attachment 2027731 So…. I usually don’t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased a Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
The button has some writing on the back and appears to read “orange coloxx gilt”. Can’t quite make all of it out.
Sounds like you are getting to know your machine...nice assortment of finds! And you've got a place to hunt... congratulations đź‘Ť

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027730 View attachment 2027731 So…. I usually don’t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased a Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
Be careful a Silver 1908 Barber Quarter is what got me hooked..Looked what happened..My wife and friends think I am a nut. :laughing9:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going and keep up the good digging !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions