Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 2

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
You can download the MXT Pro manual here which is close to your model.

The coil is waterproof.

AT 14 Khz it should be sensitive to small thin gold jewelry, and have low-moderate prospecting ability using that mode.

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can download the MXT Pro manual here which is close to your model.

The coil is waterproof.

AT 14 Khz it should be sensitive to small thin gold jewelry, and have low-moderate prospecting ability using that mode.
Thank you

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Thank you
Y/W

If you want to prospect with it I suggest finding a smaller coil for it in the 6"-7" range, and probably best in DD for such endeavors.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just inherited a Whites MXT TRACKER E SERIES. I like prospecting but from what I read this isnt great for small gold. Can anybody fil me in on this machine? Also if I do take say to the beach is the coil water proof?
Thanks
If you're talking a salt water beach, forget using it in the water.....or even the wet sand IMO. It works fine in dry sand. The coil should be waterproof, but, the detector is not. The main problem using it in a salt environment is that it's a single frequency detector and will be very unstable at a venue like that. You need true multifrequency or a Pulse Induction detector to effectively hunt salt water areas. As for nugget hunting, there are much better detectors for doing that too. Ones that are designed for nugget hunting. The MXT is a good all-around detector, but, limited to dry land and targets bigger than sub gram size targets. It will find nuggets if they're big enough, but, even nuggets the size of a stud earring would be tough to find with an MXT.

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're talking a salt water beach, forget using it in the water.....or even the wet sand IMO. It works fine in dry sand. The coil should be waterproof, but, the detector is not. The main problem using it in a salt environment is that it's a single frequency detector and will be very unstable at a venue like that. You need true multifrequency or a Pulse Induction detector to effectively hunt salt water areas. As for nugget hunting, there are much better detectors for doing that too. Ones that are designed for nugget hunting. The MXT is a good all-around detector, but, limited to dry land and targets bigger than sub gram size targets. It will find nuggets if they're big enough, but, even nuggets the size of a stud earring would be tough to find with an MXT.
I guess it sounds like I will learn with this one but look more versatile one in the future
Thanks

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

I guess it sounds like I will learn with this one but look more versatile one in the future
Thanks
If you do take it to the beach just run in salt mode, and the sensitivity low for stable operation. It will not have knock your socks off depth, but finds can be had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread