New to detecting

Apr 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I've recently invested in some gold detecting equipment and quickly found that this sorta hobby needs at least one partner. I may be new to the art of detecting but I have quite a bit of historical knowledge.
Are there any clubs in Humboldt County yet? Is anybody in the Eureka, Ca. area wanting to team up? I'm using a Garrett AT GOLD along with the pinpointer wand. I also have an array of hand equipment to run gravel. So if anyone would like to get together let me know. I go out about once or twice a month somewhere in Humboldt or Trinity Counties. Thanks and God bless.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to the site
Good luck hunting

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. I lived in Humboldt Co. for a couple of years(Eureka/Arcata), I just moved out a few months ago. There are no clubs in the area for some reason unfortunately. However there is a lot of competition in the area (sharks), but there is still lots of great hunting. Be careful of the king tides, they can be very dangerous but I highly recommend hitting the beaches afterwards. If you need a change of scenery and the weather is good I would highly recommend getting out into the gold country (out hwy. 299). Best of luck and post your finds.
sb

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I've recently invested in some gold detecting equipment and quickly found that this sorta hobby needs at least one partner. I may be new to the art of detecting but I have quite a bit of historical knowledge.
Are there any clubs in Humboldt County yet? Is anybody in the Eureka, Ca. area wanting to team up? I'm using a Garrett AT GOLD along with the pinpointer wand. I also have an array of hand equipment to run gravel. So if anyone would like to get together let me know. I go out about once or twice a month somewhere in Humboldt or Trinity Counties. Thanks and God bless.
Good luck and Happy Hunting!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread