New to Forum. Great find today!

Cleanone1964

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2012
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been lurking around this forum for a while but had to join today. I was doing some CRH'ing and went to my dump bank today to dump 2 boxes of halves. Fortunately they have a huge coin machine and they have gotten used to me bringing in ton's of boxes.

As I poured my skunks into the machine i kept hearing a weird rattle, sounded like the machine was broker. I stopped shoving coins in and waited for the centrifuge to clear and what did I find banging around in the machine???

A 1998 Walking Liberty Silver! Coolest and luckiest find this month!

I proceeded to slide my had into the machine and grab the little gem.

Good Day!!!! photo.JPG

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, I haven't done any coin roll hunting in a long time, maybe I need give it a try again, have you had much luck?

seabumm

Mar 22, 2012
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did'nt know they even made walking Halfs in 1998 ?....Who knew''
From 1 newbie to 2 the Next....Congradds..HH.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Is that a Silver Eagle? If so, it'd be an ounce of silver, but how did it fit in half dollar rolls? Can you please post a pic of the reverse?

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's great. nothing like finding an ounce of silver

OP
OP
C

Cleanone1964

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2012
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, I haven't done any coin roll hunting in a long time, maybe I need give it a try again, have you had much luck?

On average find 1-90% and 4-40% for every 2 boxes I search. Not alot but my kids like it and it's fun for us to do together.

OP
OP
C

Cleanone1964

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2012
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a Silver Eagle? If so, it'd be an ounce of silver, but how did it fit in half dollar rolls? Can you please post a pic of the reverse?

It wasn't in the rolls. I was dumping the coins in the machine and it was stuck in the sorter. I stopped dumping coins in and reached in and grabbed it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On average find 1-90% and 4-40% for every 2 boxes I search. Not alot but my kids like it and it's fun for us to do together.
I quit searching boxes after 37 straight skunks from 4 different banks. I only do CWR's now when it comes to halves.

Btw- Cleanone 1964 and the rest of you new guys... welcome to Tnet and here's the link to the Coin Roll Hunting page- Coin Roll Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions