New to Jersey

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in Atlantic county and looking for people to hunt with. If you're still looking and we aren't too far from each other, let me know. It'd be great to meet someone from tnet

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jack, I'm in Lower Township in Cape May. Not too far. Have you been out lately?

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in mays landing. I haven't been out for like a week or so because of the rain but it's finally cleared up and I'm dying to hit some areas. I still feel weird about going out to parks by myself so I've mostly been sticking to yards of people I know. Having someone else to go with would definitely alleviate my anxiety though lol

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't actually gotten out since moving to Jersey. I did a lot of state parks when I lived in PA just because they saw heavy revolutionary war action. Other then that I'd drive around looking for the oldest properties I could find and just knock on doors. I've seen quite a few properties down this way I'd like to ask permission for. Would you like to head down this way and knock on doors with me or I could come up your way and we could knock on some doors or if your more comfortable hitting some places you already know that's cool too. Let me know

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely. We can do either, or both. There are plenty of good spots around here, older homes and a lot of parks, too. Weekends would work best for me because I'm usually pretty busy during the week, but I might be able to take a day off from work if we planned it ahead of time.

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok sounds good. My battery for my eTrac cropped out on me but I just ordered a new one today. As soon as I get it I'll let you know and we'll set something up. Weekdays are pretty much out for me too. I actually work Sunday night through Thursday night but anytime from Friday morning through Sunday afternoon would be great. Talk to you soon, Ryan

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cape May is a little far from me and you guys seem like you have something good going so I don't wanna intrude. However, if you do anything farther north, and don't mind a third wheel, let me know. While I'd prefer to avoid a 3 hours drive down to Cape May, I wouldn't necessarily turn down an invitation to Jack's Atlantic County. Let me know what you guys end up doing.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North north lol Bergen County. I'm like 20 mins west of NYC and can be in NY state in 15 mins if I head North. I'd be willing to travel though.

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The more the merrier is how I see it. And if you've got any spots lined up I'm definitely willing to travel a bit, or we could scope out some spots down here in the pines.

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll work on getting permission at a few spots

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll work on getting permission at a few spots

Pine Barrens or private spots that need permission would be awesome. Like I said, all depends where you guys decide. Hell, if it's a great spot and I have the time, I might be able to make a trek further south than Atlantic. And yes, the more the merrier:)

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KGC I haven't been out in a while but I'd love to before the ground freezes over, let me know when your free

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread