Greenie
May 8, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

My wife is tired of me playing in the backyard with my new found time consumer (Garrett Ace 350) digging holes [honing my skills to be allowed to join in on some hunts without wrecking others property] so I took a few hours this morning and ventured over to Sandy Pointe State Park in Annapolis, Maryland to do some beach hunting. I've learned that in a fairly short time I have mastered my machine to a reasonable point and able to distinguish to a degree items to actually kneel down and get after and those to simply let it lay. A couple of hunters were already on the beach and because it was late morning on a Friday instead of say a Monday following a weekend crowd, I did not expect to find much; however my stats for my first mini hunt on a property that I do not own: 7 holes dug, 3 clad Quarters [70's and 80's], 1 clad dime [87], some funky coin [recovered from about 8 inches below] that I am trying to clean to determine what it is, 1 pull tab, 1 Coca-Cola top, and a piece of glass. Of course the last 3 items were hauled to the nearest trashcan!!! Well that's all for now, if anyone is in Maryland that has a spot for a novice hunter on one of their hunts, Id be happy to travel to join you or a group of you. Oh and by the way, is anyone else amazed at how short two hours last when you are hunting as opposed to being in the office? Dr_Dig -----owt!!!

Upvote 2

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow-- what setting did you use to find the piece of glass?! :laughing7: You're doing OK - my first hunt got me less than 38 cents. Let us know what your 'deep coin' is, but if it is crusty gray or white it probably is a corroded penny, though it could also be foreign. Oh, yeah, and my two hours hunting lasts about 15-20 minutes! Keep it up! ...and welcome to the forum!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not digging enough trash... Some of those signals you pass on will be good targets... Gold rings, pull tabs and nickels are hard to distinguish from one another...good first outing!

OP
OP
D

Dr_Dig

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found the glass in coin setting.....never found the target.....but the glass was in hole that I dug

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I first got my ACE 350, I dug everything, all signals.
This is how I taught myself what the detector was telling me! :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you,
Dave

Bass2448

Jan 11, 2014
Mississippi
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me to shoot I still dig most all my signals sometimes you may get a suprise..I have found a couple nice finds under some chunks of iron and also like antiq there is no better way to get to know your machine...Happy Digging...

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like all I have been finding these last couple weeks is teasers: gold plated jewelry, Canadian coins of nickel that look like silver... Match box cars with a wheel missing...and Lots of nickels... Enough clad to keep me interested ... But something real good needs to pop!

neworder

May 5, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 and Titan 9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics or it didn't happen. :laughing7:

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with the 2 hour comment, some days it feels like 15 mins:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread