New to the hunt...

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to treasure hunting and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I currently live in NE Oklahoma on the outskirts of OKC. There is open fields all around my house. I do not have a metal detector at the moment but was wondering if and how I should go about looking with the naked eye- or if it would be worth it to just start digging in a random place. I'm too anxious to wait! What is the cheapest Metal Detector I could find that isn't a piece of crap? Another thing- I am moving to Canada after Thanksgiving and was wondering if anyone knew of any places in Edmonton, AB to check out. Thanks!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
most of the stuff we find, is only found with an MD.
if you're going to spend money on a MD get a good one. a good starter is an Ace 250 or Prizm 3
good luck

Sniffer

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi,
I am familiar with the Edmonton area. Don't plan on detecting for a while. The winters there are miserable. You better hit it so hard all summer that you are sick of it! Watch for detectors in the paper, craigslist.com, garage sales etc. Until you find out if you have the patience and time to do some detecting, I wouldn't invest too much money into it. Have fun! Buy some skates while you are at it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions