New to the treasure coast

Dewdigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I’m relatively new to the FL coast(2yrs) now near Melbourne Beach and treasure coast. Recently retired to my dream local and loving every day of it. Mostly hitting the beaches along the east coast on my ebike, metal detector and scoop attached😎. The perfect setup for getting up and down the beaches. Hopefully I will have some treasures to post soon.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Melbourne beach area ! Hey you ever hit this bar/restaurant ?
044.JPG

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be careful along the Treasure Coast south of you, you can not put your detector in the water from about a mile south of Ft Pierce north to about a 1/4 mile north of Sebastion Inlet. Below is a link to a thread on it I did with the GPS cords.

OP
OP
D

Dewdigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be careful along the Treasure Coast south of you, you can not put your detector in the water from about a mile south of Ft Pierce north to about a 1/4 mile north of Sebastion Inlet. Below is a link to a thread on it I did with the GPS cords.

Thanks for info T_H, there are lots of guys w/detectors that get in the water around here. My understanding was as long as your not in a ‘leased savage water area’ it was ok to hunt; like public beaches not identified as wreck sites.🤔 I know FL recently passed a law wanting everything found 50 years old or more reported, I assume it is coinage etc. everyone wants a cut I suppose.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for info T_H, there are lots of guys w/detectors that get in the water around here. My understanding was as long as your not in a ‘leased savage water area’ it was ok to hunt; like public beaches not identified as wreck sites.🤔 I know FL recently passed a law wanting everything found 50 years old or more reported, I assume it is coinage etc. everyone wants a cut I suppose.
It is okay to get in the water except for the lease area I posted.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We
Yes I have! About a mile north of me😎
Well, ya sure picked a good place to retire ! I'd be hitting the beach everyday detecting.Couple years ago we stayed here in Melbourne for 3 weeks and one day I dug these(1715 maybe, ?
097.JPG
) over a foot down mixed in w/some old iron pieces.Ya never know good luck to ya:)
539.JPG

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck & welcome. I live just north of you in Indiatlantic. I don't metal detect just an artifact/fossil hound. They've renourished the beaches here so much it's tough to find anything old is what I hear. Treasure Hunter is correct about the lease areas, stay out of the water with your machine.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I’m relatively new to the FL coast(2yrs) now near Melbourne Beach and treasure coast. Recently retired to my dream local and loving every day of it. Mostly hitting the beaches along the east coast on my ebike, metal detector and scoop attached😎. The perfect setup for getting up and down the beaches. Hopefully I will have some treasures to post soon.
Welcome!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome !
You live in a great area for Metal Detecting !

Good Hunting !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread