New to this. Monterey / Salinas area

Ruger44magnum

May 16, 2023
hi im new to this and have been wanting to check out areas to metal detect but not sure where to go or how to go about it. i have a metal detector that i purchased over 2 years ago and is still ini the box. a Garrett AT Pro. would like to take it out for a while but im not sure where to go in the Monterey, Santa Cruz area. some help would be appreciated

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
There are many places you could try. Public parks, schools, beaches, playgrounds, volleyball courts. Other privately owned locations you can get permission for. Try taking a look at some local history, see which parks/schools are old for older type finds.

You could try making a post in the new member introduction section for more traffic and maybe someone can help with more specific locations in your area. I'd also recommend looking up about detecting etiquette if you aren't familiar.

Happy hunting!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on Youtube and find Monterey Magnet Man, he magnet fishes and detects you can see some areas he goes to. Your AT Pro probably won't do good in wet sand but in the dry it will do fine. When I come down there I hit all the playgrounds in the parks and have found gold jewelry and silver jewelry, plus change. I also saw a post on here somewhere that a guy detected some of the pullout areas on highway 1 and found old silver coins, so your only limited by your imagination. Research, Research, Research it can be your best friend and think out of the box on where you search. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread