New Treasurenet Member / Tesoro fan

jornard

Jun 11, 2010
Hello out there fellow TN junkies. ;D I've been looking on various MD sites for over a year now and I have to say that treasurenet is absolutely the best one out there! Needless to say I finally registered so now I can put forth my own two cents. I've used over five different detectors in the past two years and finally bought a tesoro cibola.Let me tell you, it is the easiest, deepest, most user friendly detector I own ! :icon_thumright: The day after I bought it I went to an old home site that both me and my brother had looked over fifteen times and bam, my third signal produced an 1892 Indian Head penny ! Luck or Tesoro ? I don't think I would have found it without such a deep seeking detector.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Tnet family. :hello:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya welcome they say those Cibola's will go as deep as the $1200.00 detectors . Myself i think that the high price detectors are not any deeper than the lower priced ones. You just get a lot more bells & whistles and get to full around with programs that don't help you go deeper ... what state do you hunt in?.........like i said welcome & HH

Attachments

• 61_1_b.jpg
    61_1_b.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 245
OP
OP
J

jornard

Jun 11, 2010
Thanks for the welcome Keppy,Sandman, and all of you. :icon_sunny: I live in southern Tennessee, and generally hunt throughout my own county,but lately I've been researching some sites in northern Alabama. It is just so miserably hot right now that it's hard to stay focused while detecting. I hunted with a Fisher f5 before I got the cibola,and I love that detector,still use it from time to time, but the cibola is crazy deep, whether the soil is damp or dry.It doesn't have manual ground balance but I have yet to find any soil conditions that make it unstable. I've gotten used to not having a screen or fifty different tones to tell me not to dig,and my finds have improved. I just use minimal discrimination and dig when I get that sweet beep! I want a tiger shark now so bad and lost the bid on one recently on feebay. I'm wary of buying one used and there must be a waiting list a mile long at tesoro.Can't wait until some new ones roll off the line, maybe soon there will be some in better condition in the pre-owned market. Look forward to hearing from all of you,thanks again for helping maintain such an awsome website!! :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
J

jornard

Jun 11, 2010
What would one reasonably expect to pay for a decent used tiger shark ? :icon_scratch:

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
It's great! Me too i'm a Tesoro fan from Italy:)) :hello2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
jornard said:
What would one reasonably expect to pay for a decent used tiger shark ? :icon_scratch:
I don't know how much a used one would be right now ...( Tiger Shark )..i would think high. If they start makeing them again i might hit 4 H up to get me a new one. But if they start makeing them again the used ones should drop in price . But right now they are hard to find.

Attachments

• largelogotigershark.gif
    largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 178

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard..glad to have you here...Tesoro is a great company and I think you will love their detectors and customer service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread