<--newbie found a old hoe, plow blade maybe?, & Mystery do-dad..

howlinwolf

Mar 5, 2013
Virgina
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old ho.jpg
seems to be a old hoe blade...it looks pretty old i wish i knew how old. maybe somebody here has the EXP. to know

dodad.jpg
I can only guess what this could be. At first i thought it was a hammer of a gun but the hammer part is kinda thin. I'm starting to think its some kind of latch. i can imagine a spring being connected to the hole that's made in it

mms_picture (4).jpg
At first i thought this was just junk but it has a shape kind of like a sharks tooth. I'm thinking its a plow blade, sorry for the mud i haven't got a chance to clean it because it started to rain.

I just recently bought my metal detector. I been using it to learn how to use it more properly and i'm having fun. I'm just addicted to it now. Just the thought of finding something in the earth thats been sitting there for god knows how long. I't interest me to wonder how it was lost, dropped, or forgotten. I found those 3 things in random spots threw my woods i have 50+ acres to explore. If you have any information or ideas of what i found speak up...much obliged

Upvote 0

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picture two is a bit blurry. Picture three is just too dirty to tell. Post again when you have them cleaned up.

One suggestion, if you have fifty acres to hunt, throw a metal detecting Saturday party, charge five bucks a head and split the finds fifty fifty. Then you might make some money!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd look at the place with Google Earth, maybe you can see an outline of an old house or barn.

OP
OP
H

howlinwolf

Mar 5, 2013
Virgina
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks those are some good ideas...I'll take better pics. of em sometime soon when the weather clears up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread