Newbie here! My first cool find!

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! Im new to treasure hunting but have been following the forums for a while! I live beachside on FL's East coast! My first machine is a Garret Ace 250. I've been at it a week or so mainly pulling, fishing hooks, bottle caps and soda tabs, the usual junk, I did get a quarter and two pennies my second day out which was really exciting! Today however, if you could imagine how my heart stopped in my chest when I pulled this soda tab with what looked like gold and diamonds tangled up in it!!!! AHHHHH!!! It's fake, but- it sure gave me a rush when I saw it laying in my hand! This is a fun start! And yes- I always cover my holes! ;) thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image-1309301946.jpg
    image-1309301946.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 1

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great horseshoe , and sweet find !! Keep it with you obviously a good luck charm !

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found that EXACT same necklace last summer. My daughter still has it.

OP
OP
foreverturk

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggit said:
I found that EXACT same necklace last summer. My daughter still has it.

No kidding? That's crazy! Well then- just to confirm... It IS fake, right? LOL :)

OP
OP
foreverturk

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike3366 said:
Great horseshoe , and sweet find !! Keep it with you obviously a good luck charm !

Thanks Mike :)

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No kidding? That's crazy! Well then- just to confirm... It IS fake, right? LOL :)
:-)
yeah, it's fake. I THINK it was gold plated. You might check the chain though, it may be real (mine wasn't, but your chain may be different)

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat find. Hope you have luck in your future hunts.

OP
OP
foreverturk

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone! Hope to have many more things to post for you!

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding good looking fakes is still fun for me...Cool find!:thumbsup:

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get discouraged, We just bought an Ace 250. Took it out and hunted an easement next to a church parking lot in a small town the other day. We found a 1902 Liberty Head Nickel, a 1944 Wheatie and a Pennsylvania (2000) Quarter....Oh and some old wire, tons of pulltabs and the fender and door to a hotwheel. If I could get the dang pictures to come out, I'd post em. Still waiting to find gold, but I figure it will come. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as you got a thrill out of it then I would consider it a good find.A cool find no matter if it's real or fake.Good luck on the hunt.....................................

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine you'll be posting real gold soon enough considering where you live and the places you'll be able to hunt. The summer beach season is far from over and there will be lots of goodies left when the tourists go back home. HH and Good luck.

OP
OP
foreverturk

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silversweeper said:
I imagine you'll be posting real gold soon enough considering where you live and the places you'll be able to hunt. The summer beach season is far from over and there will be lots of goodies left when the tourists go back home. HH and Good luck.

I sure hope so! :)

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still pretty new also found some clad and a silver ring so far plus some junk jewelery.

Best find is the fun, but some gold would be nice....

HH

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find... fake or not, I'm stoked any time I pull something out of the ground that isn't aluminum siding shard or a rusty nail :) Welcome to the hobby!

OP
OP
foreverturk

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
granthansen said:
Great find... fake or not, I'm stoked any time I pull something out of the ground that isn't aluminum siding shard or a rusty nail :) Welcome to the hobby!

I pull lots of nails on the beach! That's for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread