Newbie here

gourownway

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2007
Hi all,

Just got my Garret Ace 250 last night. Have been playing in the back yard this morning. I'm proud to say that I found an old key on my first try LOL. I was wondering if anybody MD's out hear in the San Fernando Valley? I tried looking for a club, but it seams the closest is out in Antelope Valley.

My back yard is kind of tough to dig in, so I was thinking about trying Balboa Park in Encino. Anyone every gone there?

JP

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Balboa park has been hunted to a frazzle, and used to give up lots of old coins, to the first guys who hunted it, 20 to 30 yrs. ago. Still has some within reach, but it's gotten real junky from what I hear.

There are a lot of So. CA hunters on the Kinzli forum, who can shed more light on hunt spots, and parks that still give up silver. To get the main page of the forum, you have to sign up, pick a screen name, etc... but it's easy.

Cormier

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2007
hi gourownway,

I'm new to detecting also. Bought my first detector in May. Keene Engineering in Chatsworth has a monthly meeting (I attended one last year before I owned a detector). It was informative and they also take monthly field trips. Their next meeting is tomorrow 6/21 at 7 pm. The address is: 20201 Bahama Street. (On Nordhoff St just west of Winnetka turn north on Oso and then left on Bahama. Go about halfway down; their location is on the left side of the street.

The next scheduled trip is to the East Fork in the San Gabriel mountains north of Azusa looking for gold. That outing is going to be on the last weekend in June. I'm hoping to make it to that one with my detector.

Cormier

OP
OP
G

gourownway

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2007
Hey there,

Thanks for the info on the meeting. Not sure if I will be able to make it, but maybe I can make it next month. I would love to go on some trips and learn from experienced MD'ers.

JP

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I'd like more info on the East fork trip if ya got it,I'm about 40 miles away and go up there now and again.I'd guess keene takes a few toys out there.Do ya have to be a member or just show up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread