Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm just confused. A 10 year old can lean how to pan well enough with a $10 pan and 10 minutes of instruction to find color.

2 years later and you still don't know if there is color on your property?

This might sound bad, but it sounds like your waiting to win the lottery or have some stranger discover a small fortune of gold on your property.

I apologize if age or disability is a factor..your initial message didn't elude to anything like that.

If you can walk to the creek, grab your pan and find out for yourself.

If not, make the best of your situation. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm just confused. A 10 year old can lean how to pan well enough with a $10 pan and 10 minutes of instruction to find color.

2 years later and you still don't know if there is color on your property?

This might sound bad, but it sounds like your waiting to win the lottery or have some stranger discover a small fortune of gold on your property.

I apologize if age or disability is a factor..your initial message didn't elude to anything like that.

If you can walk to the creek, grab your pan and find out for yourself.

If not, make the best of your situation. Good luck to you.

But it did allude that I take care of my wife full-time who DOES have a disability. Trust me, sometimes that’s worse! It’s a 24/7 job and I suspect she won’t be around much longer.

Just seems shitty to me to spend any of her last moments “panning for gold” instead of being by her side. That’s how I feel even if a bit corny.

And no need to apologize I took no offense :)

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it did allude that I take care of my wife full-time who DOES have a disability. Trust me, sometimes that’s worse! It’s a 24/7 job and I suspect she won’t be around much longer.

Just seems shitty to me to spend any of her last moments “panning for gold” instead of being by her side. That’s how I feel even if a bit corny.

And no need to apologize I took no offense :)

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have your priorities right.

OP
OP
C

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have your priorities right.

Not a problem my friend I know you meant no harm. And I know on the surface it seems ridiculous. But you have to understand there’s 1 million projects like that. Trees falling down, things happening, upkeep of the house, driveway and property. When you have 30 acres in the mountains trust me the projects are simply never ending.

I’m one man who is 60 years old and the few moments I do have to be outside and can leave her side, it HAS/HAD to be utility type stuff. Maintaining the home amd such.

Plus a major thing for you to factor is I didn’t know there was gold here or not, so it may have been a waste of time. This information I received is new, like in the last three weeks and so yes I am more excited now but NOW add in the fact that we’re moving and packing up boxes as you can imagine...Plus it’s not just gold it’s gemstones and that takes a lot of experience to recognize in its raw form!

In other words it was simply viewed as a hobby and an open invitation for people to come out. It was never viewed as getting rich, at least up until now!!! It’s easy to read a post like this and try to look at it very simplistically and in black-and-white form, but life doesn’t really work like that :)

However to be honest I absolutely give up with this website. For some reason I can’t figure out, I thought people would jump at the opportunity to come out to 30 acres with a half mile long Creek, untouched by human hands, buried between two mountains with tons of bed rock and gravel beds and waterfalls, with an excavator on site to move heavy objects, but I guess not. I guess people have all the legal property they need to go out and put up a tent and take gold off the land for the next six months!

Most people just answered sarcastically. A couple showed minor interest. And I’m sure everyone else thinks there must be something up, this can’t be real, if it looks too good to be true... in either case I’m tired of pissing around here. It is what it is and this is not what I do. It’s not my expertise. And I learned a long time ago to let people do what they know well and I’ll do what I know well.

For one reason or another the people here were not the breed and caliber of people I thought they were! Personally I find it amazing that people here are trying to find a treasure, gold or valuables. And yet when an opportunity slaps them in the face, they are too busy trying to find out what’s wrong with it, instead of what’s right with it!

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well truthfully you would have much more luck in a face to face conversation.
A local mining club..round here they have what's called the Clampers (E Clampus Vitus or EVC).
Throw a bbq. and some cold beer and you would have more miners than you would care to have all in one spot (seriously).

I highly doubt there is enough gold/gems easily accessible to alter your current path in life.
I wouldn't beat yourself up..what if..if I had only..

You may find yourself taking up a new hobby someday and it might just be mining.

OP
OP
C

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well truthfully you would have much more luck in a face to face conversation.
A local mining club..round here they have what's called the Clampers (E Clampus Vitus or EVC).
Throw a bbq. and some cold beer and you would have more miners than you would care to have all in one spot (seriously).

I highly doubt there is enough gold/gems easily accessible to alter your current path in life.
I wouldn't beat yourself up..what if..if I had only..

You may find yourself taking up a new hobby someday and it might just be mining.

It’s certainly all about the what if’s with me now! LOL. I mean, gold flakes have a source and what if that source is on my property? I can’t help but feel it absolutely is because of the layout behind my property. Very hard to explain but in short my creek is somewhat the start of 100 mile long waterway or in other words there isn’t a whole lot of “upstream”. To me that narrows down the source!

But at this point there’s not much I can do as time is almost gone the 15th is the day it’s no longer mine

Brandon1981

Greenie
Jul 21, 2013
Bristol, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD PRO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just moved to Blountville Tennessee I came from Goldvien Virginia and I have so great spots up there. O also have a Garrett At Gold and it's helped a lot. Now I'm doing research to see where I can prospect around here. If you still need a birdie to help out just let me know and also always look for where the creek used to be they change over the years. I hope you have found a lot of gold on your property!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread